Around the NHL 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Post 1024 from the previous thread by @BlakeScheifehlaine .

"That's cuz they realize it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they actually played a huge role in creating the stupidity and fed in to it instead of putting an end to it instantly."

That's what pisses me off.

The media should be accountable for how they vilified Scheifele and completely ignored the comments he made regarding threats to his family.

We have another player claiming threats were made against Tampa players and their families and the media has nothing to say about it.

It's like they're trying to cover it up.

4QmcHAUkxTw5uGLTMzsUX_5mDpYcFgO7GdlEgN1Hl9c.jpg

Reactions: Snot Rocket and Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I said it before and will say it again - Montreal's back end is garbage, maybe bottom 5 worst in the league.

They have some really nice young talent like Anderson, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Caulfield and Romanov but a top 4 of Weber, Chiarot, Edmundson, and Petry ain't getting you nowhere.

Price probably had his last great performance, unless he can do that consistently next year the Habs aren't even in the playoffs next year

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I said it before and will say it again - Montreal's back end is garbage, maybe bottom 5 worst in the league.

They have some really nice young talent like Anderson, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Caulfield and Romanov but a top 4 of Weber, Chiarot, Edmundson, and Petry ain't getting you nowhere.

Price probably had his last great performance, unless he can do that consistently next year the Habs aren't even in the playoffs next year

He hasn't shown he can maintain form through a regular season in years now. I think that is why they got Allen. They plan on platooning the regular season, hope they squeek in and that Price is fresh enough to perform for the entirety of the playoffs.

I also agree that their dcore isn't great but the playoffs with all the obstruction allows them to compensate for their lack of ability with superior size and strength.

This could all be rendered moot if the NHL actually called the rules like they do in the regular season, that way the skill would still flourish in the post season.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He hasn't shown he can maintain form through a regular season in years now. I think that is why they got Allen. They plan on platooning the regular season, hope they squeek in and that Price is fresh enough to perform for the entirety of the playoffs.

I also agree that their dcore isn't great but the playoffs with all the obstruction allows them to compensate for their lack of ability with superior size and strength.

This could all be rendered moot if the NHL actually called the rules like they do in the regular season, that way the skill would still flourish in the post season.

It will always be thos way to a degree in the playoffs. They may crack down on it, but the whistles will always be put away in close games and OT especially.

Best thing is to accept it and plan accordingly...

Reactions: surixon

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Yeah man there is a fairly significant history of Cup winners rolling through reg season and the Cup finalists having a let down the following regular season.

With Habs losing one of their (four) 2nd lines to UFA, and Price falling back to Earth a bit, they are definitely no lock to make playoffs with that roster

They will see the difference between Caulfield being one of 8 wingers on 4 rolling lines vs having to be a consistent top 6 guy every single night in a pressure cooker too. Great young player, but their fans are starting to call him 1st overall from his draft..m yeah not so sure yet.

Reactions: snowkiddin

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
From a Saravelli article:

Doug Wilson is navigating choppy waters in the Bay Area. Sources indicate significant friction built up between Kane and a number of his teammates last season, frustration that was expressed clearly to management in exit interviews.

So EK9 batting 1000 now in wearing out his welcome. I can hardly wait for the “yea but” apologists.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Thought this was a joke post when I was this news in my Instagram feed this morning. But I'd like to give the Senators a hearty round of applause for removing McGuire from all hockey telecasts and media. Thank-you!!:highclap::highclap::highclap::highclap::highclap::hyper::hyper::hyper::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Maybe Kevin Sawyer could help coach Binghamton? Nah - they've done enough already... :laugh:

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
So EK9 batting 1000 now in wearing out his welcome. I can hardly wait for the “yea but” apologists.

This won’t be an easy deal for the Sharks to swing either. As per Sheng Peng of SanJoseHockeyNow.com , “Good luck” is what one NHL executive thinks about the San Jose Sharks’ chances of winning an Evander Kane trade. “He’s been known to bring turmoil into a team and not bring a team together,” said another NHL source familiar with Kane, “and that seems to have continued.” If you’re Sharks’ GM Doug Wilson, that this won’t be an issue is something you have to sell to another club.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I don't mind it for the Oilers. Keith's cap hit isn't really an anchor if there's few other options to use the cap space. He's played with some truly awful partners in Chicago in recent years or been asked to carry rookies while still playing hard minutes.

Most frequent partners since 17-18
Erik Gustafsson
Brent Seabrook
Jordan Oesterle
Connor Murphy
Adam Boqvist
Henri Jokijarhu
Cody Franson

And it's only 2 years.

And Keith was never an option for us, when he wanted to go to Western Canada it was basically just Alberta or BC and Vancouver can't afford his cap hit with Benning signing so many average players to above average contracts.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I know it was a slight possibility, but I’m so happy Keith ended up in Deadmonton and not in Winnipeg. Phew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad