OT: Around the NHL 2021-22: So it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Yes you do. I’ve allowed it multiple times.

You act on what you can substantiate at the time. If someone has been accused and you don’t have enough to substantiate you allow the accused to work and hopefully find a way to separate them and the victim.

Yes, you separate the video coach from the player, which means the video coach doesn’t come to the rink. Basic process. But they didn’t investigate and didn’t substantiate they buried it so your point is moot.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yes, you separate the video coach from the player, which means the video coach doesn’t come to the rink. Basic process. But they didn’t investigate and didn’t substantiate they buried it so your point is moot.

I’ve been doing sexual harassment cases for a decade. It isn’t a basic process and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I’ve been doing sexual harassment cases for a decade. It isn’t a basic process and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Every organization is different. I’ve been in my organization for a decade too buddy. People under investigation for sexual assault are separated until the investigation is concluded. In some organizations they are placed on administrative leave until the investigation is concluded. But you continue to ignore the entire point that there was no investigation and they buried it for three weeks, and an intern was sexually harassed as a result. If you actually think that’s standard practice I’m glad I don’t work in your organization.

There was also a backdrop here of whisperings that Aldrich was weird and creepy. All ignored and all buried.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Every organization is different. I’ve been in my organization for a decade too buddy. People under investigation for sexual assault are separated until the investigation is concluded. In some organizations they are placed on administrative leave until the investigation is concluded. But you continue to ignore the entire point that there was no investigation and they buried it for three weeks, and an intern was sexually harassed as a result. If you actually think that’s standard practice I’m glad I don’t work in your organization.

There was also a backdrop here of whisperings that Aldrich was weird and creepy. All ignored and all buried.

I don’t believe you. It is standard process because of the legal repercussions involved. Are you in the US?

I’m not ignoring anything by the way. You are jumping around and acting like people should have read the tea leaves and known what their decisions would result in.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think it is more the players that were significant players versus the lower level guys.
I think it's because they don't want to ruffle their teams feathers and have this idiotic loyalty over the crest vs what is right. Where as ex players that are done from the game have a different perspective now.

Kind of like how ex nfl players are the biggest advocates for head injuries and what not and how dangerous the sport was for drugs etc. Once you step away and finally see the bigger picture you get a new perspective on how that culture can be all consuming.

We've played sports, some here at varying high levels. For me hockey and Rugby, namely rugby at a decently high level. Let me tell you, there's no way no one knew. I 100% believe that because I've seen it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I think it's because they don't want to ruffle their teams feathers and have this idiotic loyalty over the crest vs what is right. Where as ex players that are done from the game have a different perspective now.

Kind of like how ex nfl players are the biggest advocates for head injuries and what not and how dangerous the sport was for drugs etc. Once you step away and finally see the bigger picture you get a new perspective on how that culture can be all consuming.

We've played sports, some here at varying high levels. For me hockey and Rugby, namely rugby at a decently high level. Let me tell you, there's no way no one knew. I 100% believe that because I've seen it.

Meh. I’m not going to get into hearsy and he said she said.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Meh. I’m not going to get into hearsy and he said she said.
More or less culture issues with these teams.

Like don't read more into this than what it was, a new player to a new team - but remember when BrAss said it was hard to break into the Pens group because of how tight the team was.

I feel like the Hawks at that time were a very close bunch. If one knew, they all knew.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD

It's probably coincidence. But I find it odd that Lalonde, Sopel, Beach, and Boynton all say the locker room knew. Boynton even named names. And That those who say they did not know, are still in the league. I'm not saying this is definitive evidence, but certainly something that has me going hmmmm

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's probably coincidence. But I find it odd that Lalonde, Sopel, Beach, and Boynton all say the locker room knew. Boynton even named names. And That those who say they did not know, are still in the league. I'm not saying this is definitive evidence, but certainly something that has me going hmmmm
I mean look at Joel Quenneville. He went on the record as saying he definitely did not know.

Then a report literally states he did know and even had meetings in his office about it.

The side saying they didn't know are the least trusted group in this at the moment.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

I see a bunch of guys who made a little bit of money and a bunch of multimillionaires. I think that’s the hmmm.

If they lie in an interview on TV nothing matters. If they admit to anything they are potentially liable.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I mean look at Joel Quenneville. He went on the record as saying he definitely did not know.

Then a report literally states he did know and even had meetings in his office about it.

The side saying they didn't know are the least trusted group in this at the moment.

Pretty much this. And Toews sticking up for Bowman and MacIsaac, saying they are not directly complicit and that they are good men, is infuriating. Like dude stfu and just say you're sorry

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I see a bunch of guys who made a little bit of money and a bunch of multimillionaires. I think that’s the hmmm.

If they lie in an interview on TV nothing matters. If they admit to anything they are potentially liable.

Liable for what in this case? Im just curious.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I don’t believe you. It is standard process because of the legal repercussions involved. Are you in the US?

I’m not ignoring anything by the way. You are jumping around and acting like people should have read the tea leaves and known what their decisions would result in.

I could not care less what you believe. It is absolutely not standard practice to bury an allegation of sexual assault so they could focus on the Stanley Cup. You have lost your mind and not to mention, low-key victim-blaming too. Jumped around? You’re on a message trying to strut around about HR bullshit and there are children who were sexually abused because of the cowardice of these men. Read the tea leaves? What does that even mean? Did you read the report?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I mean the last part is likely the Wirtz's saying you stay the status quo and we'll take care of you. Because if the leadership still there admits anything then they're in trouble. This is a team that said Beach was lying that they investigated it themselves and found nothing and then shot themselves in the foot with the legal team that investigated thinking they weren't going to get caught.

Toews might have f***ed them over already by saying he knew the next year. Because by then they still had time to make sure at the least that Aldrich didn't go near USA hockey and youth hockey. But he did. For 2 more years and assaulted a youth.

Toews still doesn't get how his team and himself, are complicit in that as much as the Beach stuff. Instead he's so busy tripping over himself trying to make everyone feel sorry for Bowman and MacIsaac.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I could not care less what you believe. It is absolutely not standard practice to bury an allegation of sexual assault so they could focus on the Stanley Cup. You have lost your mind and not to mention, low-key victim-blaming too. Jumped around? You’re on a message trying to strut around about HR bullshit and there are children who were sexually abused because of the cowardice of these men. Read the tea leaves? What does that even mean? Did you read the report?

Yes. And I’m discussing what the management of the Blackhawks should be held accountable and you are going on a Twitter rant about what the word Captain means and how all sexual harassment accusations result in a suspension.

Once again, it is easy to make decisions when you have all the details.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I’m not a lawyer. But I imagine there is some type of Good Samaritan Law an attorney could apply to the circumstance or they could potential be involved in a legal investigation if it goes to court.

I mean, I guess. They are pretty far outside the statute of limitations. I don't think they would be legal liable for too much. However the more they lie, the more their character will be diminished as things come out.

If anything the truth would just allow everyone to move forward. Seems more like bros protecting bros in hopes for more future compensation.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Yes. And I’m discussing what the management of the Blackhawks should be held accountable and you are going on a Twitter rant about what the word Captain means and how all sexual harassment accusations result in a suspension.

Once again, it is easy to make decisions when you have all the details.

I never said all allegations of sexual harassment should result in suspension. This was an allegation of sexual assault which adds another level of potential danger for victims. He should have been investigated, and not allowed around that player until it was concluded. As it was they buried the allegation and then celebrated the Cup in the victim’s presence, then gave him a day with it and a ring.

I’m not sure how anyone can do the mental gymnastics required to ignore all of that and talk about HR processes at their job.

Also, you are the one who stated an NHL captain is an ambiguous role with no defined responsibilities. It’s not twitter ranting to explain that that is a wildly incorrect view that people in the game do not hold.

Also got sick of HOG’s very negative Sullivan rants a long time ago so no sweat off my back if he wants to ignore. That said, I’m aware of and regret his experiences related to these events.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I never said all allegations of sexual harassment should result in suspension. This was an allegation of sexual assault which adds another level of potential danger for victims. He should have been investigated, and not allowed around that player until it was concluded. As it was they buried the allegation and then celebrated the Cup in the victim’s presence, then gave him a day with it and a ring.

I’m not sure how anyone can do the mental gymnastics required to ignore all of that and talk about HR processes at their job.

Also, you are the one who stated an NHL captain is an ambiguous role with no defined responsibilities. It’s not twitter ranting to explain that that is a wildly incorrect view that people in the game do not hold.

Also got sick of HOG’s very negative Sullivan rants a long time ago so no sweat off my back if he wants to ignore. That said, I’m aware of and regret his experiences related to these events.

We all agree he should have been investigated and it should’ve been dealt with. But the fact of the matter is sexual assault is not an organizational issue, it is a crime.

The decisions made to suppress this information were incorrect and those responsible should be held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad