OT: Around the NHL 2021-22: So it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I’m just not someone that searches for blood. I cried watching the interview with Beach yesterday. I lead and deal with situations through empathy and understanding.

Children were molested as a result of the lie. True empathy for them requires justice for the people who enabled it.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Being allowed to resign is not enough. And they were not the only ones culpable. Lives were ruined. Justice and consequences are the only things that will deter people like Aldrich. He was in the perfect organization as it turned out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Being allowed to resign is not enough. And they were not the only ones culpable. Lives were ruined. Justice and consequences are the only things that will deter people like Aldrich. He was in the perfect organization as it turned out.

So you want blood. I’m not someone that cares for it. I imagine knowing you have to live with letting this happen is enough.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
One of the ways we advocate for victims is by removing people with poor character from leadership positions. To me, everything is one the table for Toews et al. What he said yesterday was damning. He has no idea what a good leader is and has no business being the captain of an NHL team. People who fail morally should be educated and receive empathy yes. They should also do so from a position of lesser prominence and responsibility.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Out for blood? No, I want justice and consequences. ‘Living with what they did’ is not enough to deter people like Aldrich.

Aldrich was charged with sexual assault. It sucks that he got away with what happened, but part of that is on Beach not going to the authorities if we want to get down to the gritty.

The organization only has so much power here.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Toews isn’t a leader. He’s a hockey player with an ambiguous role on a hockey team with no real definition.

Dude, you ghost edited that? Look in the dictionary for the term captain. It does not say anything like what you wrote. Literally no one in this game thinks an NHL captain is an ambiguous role with no real definition.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Dude, you ghost edited that? Look in the dictionary for the term captain. It does not say anything like what you wrote. Literally no one in this game thinks an NHL captain is an ambiguous role with no real definition.

Ghost editing? God, you guys are crazy on this forum. I am posting and correcting my posts to include the appropriate information in real-time.

In terms of the circumstances that we are talking about Toews is not a leader. He is the same level of employee as Beach.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I don’t think you see this much vitriol towards Toews in particular if hockey’s media hadn’t spent a decade talking about what a selfless amazing leader he is.

In reality he seems to be just another self serving coward.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Aldrich was charged with sexual assault. It sucks that he got away with what happened, but part of that is on Beach not going to the authorities if we want to get down to the gritty.

The organization only has so much power here.

Ok, I’m done. The organization had absolute power to stop this predator and not only did they fail to do so, they enabled his future child predation by allowing him to resign and writing him a positive review after he did. It doesn’t “suck that he got away with it.” That is a horrifically passive revision of what happened. It isn’t something that just happened. They literally buried it so they could play hockey and in that time an intern was also sexually harassed. I have no idea how things work in your world but I don’t want to live in one where cowardice and lack of wisdom and courage to administer justice is disguised as empathy.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
kDMnU46.png

Totally unrelated, but these little drawings are adorable and made me smile. I needed this. :)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Ok, I’m done. The organization had absolute power to stop this predator and not only did they fail to do so, they enabled his future child predation by allowing him to resign and writing him a positive review after he did. It doesn’t “suck that he got away with it.” That is a horrifically passive revision of what happened. It isn’t something that just happened. They literally buried it so they could play hockey and in that time an intern was also sexually harassed. I have no idea how things work in your world but I don’t want to live in one where cowardice and lack of wisdom and courage to administer justice is disguised as empathy.

I view this situation as I would an HR situation and that is you prove and deal with things as they can be substantiated. Sexual harassment / assault is really easy to be black and white until you are the one facing the allegations or handling the situation.

You want this to be a movie and if they had just done one thing different or Captain Toews had been the hero he is it would’ve stopped. Predators exist and will get away with things until they are caught and will only be punished when the authorities get involved.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I view this situation as I would an HR situation and that is you prove and deal with things as they can be substantiated. Sexual harassment / assault is really easy to be black and white until you are the one facing the allegations or handling the situation.

You want this to be a movie and if they had just done one thing different or Captain Toews had been the hero he is it would’ve stopped. Predators exist and will get away with things until they are caught and will only be punished when the authorities get involved.

No, you do not get to handwave away what they did. They did not “handle” anything. They buried the incident so they could play hockey. And yes, lying and covering up a sexual assault is black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad