OT: Around the NHL 2021-22: So it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
giphy.gif

Season starts tonight. Hopefully for us it starts with a win!

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Habs signed Suzuki to a 8-year extension with a cap hit close to 8M.

If he does not have a giant leap in production, that contract will be quite the anchor.

Had the 29th highest ppg for a C last season. He'll be 19th highest paid C next season as things stand, probably dropping at least 1 with Malkin/Bergeron/Hertl/Dubois all to sign new contracts. They're obviously banking on him taking another step, but it's not going to be a millstone if he doesn't grow.

He has been good defensively, but Danault was taking ALL the tough match ups.

With the new responsibilities, let's see if he can maintain productivity. If he does not, the contract is bad. If he does or if he improves it, then, it is a good contract.

It is risky.

Yeah, that's a fair point. Although I wouldn't be surprised they still try and dodge those match ups a bit.

Definitely some risk with that one. Short term he is overpaid for sure, they are banking long term with that one.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Nah.5” Buch always got dunked there and I think they were worried about his cap hit.

I want to bag on NYR here after they just lost another top 10 pick like just last year and I still think they are angling too much towards grit. But Kravtsov's entire approach here kind of bugs me. It's not like he's proven to be a stud can't-miss player or something.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Backstrom's on LTIR. Wait and see how the Caps kids do but if Kuznetsov doesn't reverse his career trajectory and the kids aren't ready, it could look a little messy by the time he's back.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Backstrom's on LTIR. Wait and see how the Caps kids do but if Kuznetsov doesn't reverse his career trajectory and the kids aren't ready, it could look a little messy by the time he's back.

at least the Caps are giving youth a chance and not signing 36 year old players who haven’t played in the NHL in almost two years…

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Not that it matters a ton since he'll still score by just lumbering around to the same spot every game and wait for his team to set him up so he can fire off laser beams but I have to wonder about OV's fitness, too. Whether or not he's back in the lineup... that knee must be bothering him.

I thought for sure Cokebird would be gone to another team. Here's to hoping he's not up to the challenge and can't stay away from late night hotel parties.

Reactions: Andy99

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
guys I just wandered to the main boards and saw the thread about Arizona dropping the dress code and Matthews quotes. People are actually upset by this. The term disgusted is thrown around a few times early in the thread. What a world.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
guys I just wandered to the main boards and saw the thread about Arizona dropping the dress code and Matthews quotes. People are actually upset by this. The term disgusted is thrown around a few times early in the thread. What a world.
I know about the dress code but what did Matthews say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad