Around the NHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well I'm thankful anyway that Buffalo swooped in and stole Taylor Hall from us, anyway. For that alone, I will feel sympathy for them.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Montreal clinches tonight so I will not be surprised if they don't finish Calgary and Vancouver while the playoffs are going on.
Would be pretty weird to have games going that mean nothing while the playoffs are already underway. Assuming there's no fans in the stands for those teams... what other commitments might they have? TV deals? Advertising? Maybe there are some things like that which they can't just bail on? :dunno:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Would be pretty weird to have games going that mean nothing while the playoffs are already underway. Assuming there's no fans in the stands for those teams... what other commitments might they have? TV deals? Advertising? Maybe there are some things like that which they can't just bail on? :dunno:
Dunno but I've heard it's something they are talking about doing.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
So everyone knows the Preds are increasing capacity to 12,135 for the playoffs.

Let's say, if by a miracle, the Preds were to make it to the final 4 teams, and we played a team from the North division. It will be 14-15 months since any of those teams have played in front of fans, would it be possible to catch a team off guard that first game in a city with a 75% full building? Like, maybe the North team would be a little nervous in front of fans?

Anyway, just something I was thinking about. :)

Reactions: PredsV82

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017

Let's say, if by a miracle, the Preds were to make it to the final 4 teams, and we played a team from the North division. It will be 14-15 months since any of those teams have played in front of fans, would it be possible to catch a team off guard that first game in a city with a 75% full building? Like, maybe the North team would be a little nervous in front of fans?

I wonder if they would do neutral sites for the 2nd round onward for the North teams. Maybe things will change by then, but they won't be any travel back and forth between Canada and whoever they match up against.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

You state 75% but if conditions improve, 100% might not be a pipedream towards the final 4...

and we hope the COVID situation improves in Canada, Buuuuuuuuuut the is no way in friggin hell the US opens the border.

and the North team will be playing in the US for the final 4.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Anyone interested in Eichel? I do wonder what we have that might make it work. Just for the discussion. We’d definitely want to send one of Joey/Duchene. Obviously our first. What prospect? I’m not saying this is feasible of course. Buffalo might have no interest in either of our “1” C options.

LeBrun: What NHL executives are saying about a potential Jack Eichel sweepstakes
LeBrun: What NHL executives are saying about a potential Jack Eichel sweepstakes

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Anyone interested in Eichel? I do wonder what we have that might make it work. Just for the discussion. We’d definitely want to send one of Joey/Duchene. Obviously our first. What prospect? I’m not saying this is feasible of course. Buffalo might have no interest in either of our “1” C options.

My guess is they would want Tomasino and someone else as well. Probably ask for Tolvanen too.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
No to Eichel. Damaged goods

Last season Eichel had 78 points in 68 games (1.147 PPG)

This season Eichel had 18 points in 21 games. (0.857 PPG, a reduction of 0.290 PPG)

This season Tolvanen had 22 points in 40 games (0.550 PPG). Eeli is also 2 years younger.

If Eichel comes down as much next season and Eeli stays the same, they will be essentially even.

This season Eeli scored 11 G and Eichel scored 2 G. The Preds need goal scorers badly.

I would NOT trade them straight up at the moment.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Oh for sure... per the other thread: Ellis+Duchene+Arvidsson+Davies+1st for Eichel.

But I'm not going to give a prospect/youth-laden offer for him. If they want that package of established players, I'm all for that, but we can't enter into futures-heavy sweepstakes compared to what other teams might offer. Those players won't look at all attractive to them if they're planning to re-re-re-build, of course. (Well, except Davies and the 1st but they'd need a lot more and I'm not building up and offer with Tomasino, Tolvanen, etc instead).

Reactions: LCPreds

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Caps-Bruins game 1 Saturday night.
Ofcourse, why wouldn't they start the Preds Canes series first since they're already done playing. Why wouldn't you give them two extra days off?

NHL will do good to get rid of the east coast d****ucking NBC. Feature something new like the Preds Canes ya bunch of idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad