Around the NHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Maybe if we save it for the last few weeks of the season, we'll be rested for the playoffs... well, if we can manage to be in a playoff position anyway.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Hopefully teams get it out of the way early and the second half of the season is smoother, I feel like that's how the NFL went, but maybe it was just the Titans.

Not to get off on a tangent, but my question is are we ever going to take a step back, look at the past year, and maybe, just maybe- stop cancelling so many things over one or two positive tests/contact tracing??

We are now 1 year into this thing- there have been thousands and thousands of sports cancellations. A ton of positive tests and even more contact tracing. But there is still no evidence whatsoever of in game spread or risk to the community. And has there even been a single case of an athlete getting sick enough to be hospitalized?? Has there been anyone who suffered anything more than a cold/flu like illness??

Everything that we have been through with Covid the past year and no athletes have gotten really sick. All of the cancellations/shutdowns and the vast majority consisted of a bunch of completely healthy athletes and coaches.

And we now have a vaccine. If this virus never goes away, are we still going to be cancelling/shutting down things a year or two from now over every positive test??

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Not to get off on a tangent, but my question is are we ever going to take a step back, look at the past year, and maybe, just maybe- stop cancelling so many things over one or two positive tests/contact tracing??

We are now 1 year into this thing- there have been thousands and thousands of sports cancellations. A ton of positive tests and even more contact tracing. But there is still no evidence whatsoever of in game spread or risk to the community. And has there even been a single case of an athlete getting sick enough to be hospitalized?? Has there been anyone who suffered anything more than a cold/flu like illness??

Everything that we have been through with Covid the past year and no athletes have gotten really sick. All of the cancellations/shutdowns and the vast majority consisted of a bunch of completely healthy athletes and coaches.

And we now have a vaccine. If this virus never goes away, are we still going to be cancelling/shutting down things a year or two from now over every positive test??
Well Marco Rossi is out for the season due to Covid. That's really sick. I'm sure there are many others, but he's the most recent one in hockey circles.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

Inching closer and closer to cancellation..

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Hopefully teams get it out of the way early and the second half of the season is smoother, I feel like that's how the NFL went, but maybe it was just the Titans.
NFL responded to the Titans situation and other early problems by recognizing that COVID spread a lot easier than initially thought. The "6 feet and 15 minutes" assumptions were blown up by the NFL experience. NFL got much more strict about interaction and it saved the season. Hopefully the NHL follows their example

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Inching closer and closer to cancellation..
I don't think after everything they've put into getting this season going that there is ANY scenario in which they'll cancel. There are a finite number of players we're talking about here, and the league must be getting close to having had 50% of the players infected already. They'll just streamroll through whatever ensues.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
This Lake Tahoe game is amazing. It’s like watching Mystery Alaska. Would love if they kept this as a yearly thing although I doubt it’s economical.

Reactions: Soundgarden

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Shame the ice seems to be having some big issues. That spot near center ice has taken tons of people out. Sloppiness makes it more like pond hockey I guess though.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well we wondered if Sutter would even be willing to coach again. Maybe still only because it's Calgary. But there's an attempt anyway to fix something that was broken by another NHL team. While our team is content to remain broken.

Reactions: Osprey and bdub24

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
i would probably prefer to go the interim route at this point anyways. hard to get a read on the roster and taylor has seemed to do enough in milwaukee to get a look.

It's an absolute perfect situation to make Taylor the interim....Hynes is garbage, Ads aren't playing this season, no need to repeat the mistakes of the last coaching change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad