Around the NHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
One interesting thing of note is that Bonino and Fiala have primarily been on the same line rounded out with Marcus Johansson. That seems like a horrible grouping to me so I'm not surprised neither of them have had much success. That center group for Minnesota is just straight up terrible.
My kneejerk early season statwatch - FiFi is 0-0-0, -2 with 6 PIM for a 3-1 team.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
One interesting thing of note is that Bonino and Fiala have primarily been on the same line rounded out with Marcus Johansson. That seems like a horrible grouping to me so I'm not surprised neither of them have had much success. That center group for Minnesota is just straight up terrible.

Well... look at their centers

Joel Eriksson Ek
Bonino
Victor Rask
Nico Sturm

That's a downright gross center group. Bonino is without a doubt the #2 there.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
What a baby! Hope Columbus gets a haul for him that works out long-term and he suffers perpetual mediocrity in whatever Canadian market he's pouting his way to.

Dubois hasn't handled the situation professionally but I think Kekäläinen and Tortorella need to take a long look into a mirror as well. Something has been off in that organization the last few years, they've started to have some success but players still want out.

But just straight up giving up like Dubois has done was really immature and I think tanked his value at least a bit. Will be a difficult situation to maneuver for Kekäläinen.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well... look at their centers

Joel Eriksson Ek
Bonino
Victor Rask
Nico Sturm

That's a downright gross center group. Bonino is without a doubt the #2 there.
Maybe Minnesota should try trading for Dubois! I guess that would help show whether his issue is with the market or the coach, anyway. But who did they draft... Rossi? He's not going to fix their problem at C either. Give up Rossi, whatever cap hit (Rask?) is needed to keep them under, maybe a 1st or Ek too, some package like that, bingo, #1 center added.

Or um, as much as I like the way Joey is playing right now and as much as Dubois' attitude seems like a red flag... naw, never mind. :)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm just hoping the Tortorella/Dubois feud keeps spinning as long as possible. I thought Columbus was going to be in a group of teams fighting with us for playoff seedings, but this seems like a perfect formula to distract them. Thanks guys!
:handclap:
Boy, this makes me feel so much better. That knife in the back really loosens up sore muscles, y'know?
:p: :)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well it was all fun and games when you guys were in the other Conference playing against Pittsburgh or whoever. But things are a little different this year.
:hit:
gettyimages-511712140.jpg

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I caught yesterday’s Devils game and he looked pretty good. He wasn’t Norris level Subban of the past but he seems to have adjusted his game to account for his decrease in explosiveness.
Agreed. He looked solid. It was good to see him playing well and not visibly laboring up and down the ice out there.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It was interesting that Washington didn't get games postponed with their Covid situation. But it turns out it was only Samsonov who tested positive. Still with Ovie, Kuznetsov, and Orlov also being sidelined. In bulk, it's only 1 player testing positive, though, and Ovie and Orlov apparently already had Covid before. So it's not Carolina or Dallas levels. It ends up just being a one-off player case. But the others have to quarantine for 7 days anyway by state laws due to contact. And that's 4 very significant members of the team, who will miss 4 games as a result. Good scheduling break for Buffalo and the Islanders! Hope our players are paying attention.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Dallas raising a conference champions banner. Weird, didn’t think teams actually did that.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Winnipeg the front-runner for Dubois. Laine moving?

According to Friedman, WPG has already offered Laine + Roslovic for Dubois. That's a huge offer and I think Kekäläinen has to pull the trigger there, even if there isn't a top-six center coming back.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Winnipeg the front-runner for Dubois. Laine moving?

According to Friedman, WPG has already offered Laine + Roslovic for Dubois. That's a huge offer and I think Kekäläinen has to pull the trigger there, even if there isn't a top-six center coming back.
Question is will Liane want to stay in Columbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->