Around the NHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I have a feeling that Columbus is going to fire Tortorella and we'll hire him.
I'm sort of ok with Torts. He at least has a definite system, demands buy-in, and the team should play hard at least. Outside of Forsberg, I'm not really concerned if he alienates any of our players either, at this point. In theory, his style/system also would be a good fit for the type of player Poile usually acquires.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
He is better than Hynes.. and the way our media covers the team, he won’t have an excuse to show his ass as much. Not much in the way of confrontational coverage from our press crowd.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't suppose I ever imagined the day would come when I would say this, but:

Hiring Torts is just wishful thinking.

I still believe we're sticking with Hynes all this year and next. :facepalm:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Leafs fans think granlund is destined for Toronto and we will be lucky to get a 2nd round pick. we will have to retain salary of course or take a contract back.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Not all but some. I get why leafs fans get the rep they do. If we had that big of a fan base, we would be the same though. we already have several that make us look rather foolish.

1) cap has to fit. Nashville can eat a bit but they will expect compensation for that eating.

2) Brendan f***ing Witt got a 1st.

3) The draft is a mystery box. Some are saying that the draft is blah. I want, and fully expect a 1st and a prospect. Oh, and TML's pick will be low 1st.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I can't see treating this like any other trade deadline when it comes to the "real $$$" side of the equation. In a real season, teams have real revenues, and retaining money on an existing contract is just within the parameters of the budget you already had. But in a season like this, where the team will lose $20M, why wouldn't you rather lose $19M instead?

I don't think draft picks are worth very much relatively to real money in this situation. It'd be great if the Preds could just write that money off and get the best prospect/pick package possible. But I'll be surprised if that happens.

Toronto sure doesn't seem like a fit, therefore, given that they NEED salary moved out and retention as a starting point.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What Toronto can do will be severely limited by what other owners are willing to do. If they can't get other owners to eat some money then they aren't going to be able to trade for anyone of real worth. I have a feeling teams that do are going to be asking for a premium for it.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Tom Wilson is a f***ing disgusting player and should be banned from the league alltogether before he ends someone’s career.
They need at least to change the way they handle him. He had something like 4 suspensions in a little over a calendar year at one point. And even when they gave him the big 20-game suspension, they somehow let him appeal it enough times that it got reduced to 14 games.

So this suspension should be for the rest of the season + playoffs. See if he gets the message here that he didn't in the previous 4 suspensions.

And then there's the in-game officiating where for some bizarre reason he seems to get the benefit of the doubt. The refs should be relentlessly picking on him instead. He does a lot of charging that they let him get away with. Basically he should be getting penalties constantly on many of his hits going forward. They should be erring on the side of giving him a penalty even if a hit might have been clean. If he takes more than a step, it's charging. If he gets a player even a little bit accidentally high. If a player turns and he gets them even a little from behind. Etc. They can defuse the danger he represents that way too by making his style a detriment to his team, instead of the way it has always been so far where they go the exact opposite direction and let things go and turn him into a star player.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Finally saw the hit. Actually heard it when it happened but was busy cooking dinner and just figured the Bruins color guy was overreacting.

With his past history he definitely needs to be gone for the year. Needs to be handed like they finally did with Torres. It needs to ramp up quickly and severely. The fact he hasn't put someone in a wheelchair permanently is a miracle.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
7 games is laughable for Wilson.

But flip side, if the NHL is saying this is what they want hockey to be... I also feel less guilty for wanting Trenin and Olivier in the lineup steamrolling people. :dunno:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
7 games is laughable for Wilson.

But flip side, if the NHL is saying this is what they want hockey to be... I also feel less guilty for wanting Trenin and Olivier in the lineup steamrolling people. :dunno:
That's pathetic and if that is all someone with his history is getting then it's time to start head hunting.

Jul 12, 2007
It’s why people were allowed to punch each other with only a 5-minute penalty, for the last 125 years of hockey. To tamp down the truly dangerous things in hockey.
Up until people like Bettman, Poile, Hynes, Trotz (at least while under the influence of Poile. He became Freddie Shero when given the tools and the green light to use them).

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
That's pathetic and if that is all someone with his history is getting then it's time to start head hunting.
This will simply never happen here. Wilson could kill Grimaldi, and if the league didn’t care, Nashville Predators would pretend it never happened.

Wait, I take that back. Olivier would grimace at him, and Hynes would announce that his number has been taken. You know, the only things that could possibly be more embarrassing and shameful than doing nothing.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
What would the logo be, for the “Nashville Number Takers” ?

A caricature of Poile scribbling numbers on a long strip of paper that’s already filled with numbers, and Preds in the background with their heads knocked off, in caskets and wheelchairs, and a generic opponent goon stuffing the puck in our goal. While his bud stabs the goalie with his stick.
Various Preds crying and begging to be spared.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad