Around the NHL 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What a trade for Columbus. Who's Laine gonna play with, though?
Domi and/or Texier, for now.

I'm extremely ambivalent about this one. But I was also similarly worried about Jones as the return for Johansen, and he quickly had me eating crow. So... hoping. Desperately hoping. But worried.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

I'm extremely ambivalent about this one. But I was also similarly worried about Jones as the return for Johansen, and he quickly had me eating crow. So... hoping. Desperately hoping. But worried.

I think ultimately you got the better end of the deal, especially considering the circumstances.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

I think you did fine here. Even if it's not a long-term fit, the trade was excellent value and should enable Jarmo to get a high-quality piece that is a fit. I'd expect Laine to have a nice season being in a new situation where he's "the guy" upfront and with a coach that should be able to get more out of him than Maurice did. Columbus locker room also seems to be a tight group, but one that has no issues with you if you put the work in, Winnipeg seems like a different dynamic from the stories you hear.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think you did fine here. Even if it's not a long-term fit, the trade was excellent value and should enable Jarmo to get a high-quality piece that is a fit. I'd expect Laine to have a nice season being in a new situation where he's "the guy" upfront and with a coach that should be able to get more out of him than Maurice did. Columbus locker room also seems to be a tight group, but one that has no issues with you if you put the work in, Winnipeg seems like a different dynamic from the stories you hear.
I hope so.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-1-23_23-9-24.png

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I am also tired of the hawks being shoved in our faces all the time. They aren’t good right now, give it rest. And yes, Detroit was horrid but I bet they will still beat us. :help:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Debrincat and Boqvist placed in COVID protocol. If it's just those two, then good for the Preds to have Debrincat out this week. But fingers crossed that the situation in Chicago doesn't grow and threaten our games against them.
I saved Forsberg and Josi for the NPPG just so they could light up Chicago. They better not have to reschedule those games. :joker:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I like those Edmonton reverse jerseys, I'd like to see them lean into the orange that not many teams wear. Not too sure about the Toronto ones, looks kind of boring.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Dallas had 11 shots against the Hurricanes last night. I think it was 4 even strength? Weird what happens when you play a disciplined team that won’t let you run it up on the power play.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
today's discovery: Pavelski does that to both my teams.

I hate everything.
My son got his Stars blackout jersey today, so he's pretty happy watching that and wearing his new duds. I on the other hand have Korpisalo on my FHL team so I can't even have fun watching him having fun. :)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Or the Refs are going to stop making as many ticky tac and just flat wrong calls. There have been some rough games this year in that category.
A theory on why we do better in the 3rd period: the refs have filled their quota of those calls and we aren't trading PPs as much. I'm too lazy to look up the stats, though.

Of course we also do better in the 3rd because by that time the other team is sitting back more protecting their lead and our guys are better when we're not being pressured as much, just in general.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
A theory on why we do better in the 3rd period: the refs have filled their quota of those calls and we aren't trading PPs as much. I'm too lazy to look up the stats, though.

Of course we also do better in the 3rd because by that time the other team is sitting back more protecting their lead and our guys are better when we're not being pressured as much, just in general.
Or we play more aggressive because we're trailing and we've stopped the passive bullshit that Hynes system dictates. Which is also why we can't score in the first, too passive.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Tampa scores 3 goals in the first 5 minutes against Detroit. Can’t wait until we play Detroit and beat them in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad