Around the NHL 2019-2020 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I remember Pasta being a comparison for Zadina seeming fair for me for a second. Like lofty but fair.

Pasternak is the third best player in the league right now and is legit making a case to be higher. I will never rank somebody above McDavid really, I just think he is the best. But Pasta is right there with Kucherov, Hedman, Draisaitl for second best player in the game. Dude is freaking amazing.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
pretty happy hynes was fired, hopefully it will spark the devils and give us some more separation at the bottom

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Man...Stan Bowman must be looking real hard at the age of his players... all these crazy Babcock headlines... and thinking... Do I fire my coach and hire Babcock and see if he can whip these guys into shape for a year or two?

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Man...Stan Bowman must be looking real hard at the age of his players... all these crazy Babcock headlines... and thinking... Do I fire my coach and hire Babcock and see if he can whip these guys into shape for a year or two?
I don't think anyone is looking at these Babcock headlines and thinking anything besides "what a piece of $#!+." His tactic is old and he treats people poorly, politics aside we expect better from our leaders now.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I don't think anyone is looking at these Babcock headlines and thinking anything besides "what a piece of $#!+." His tactic is old and he treats people poorly, politics aside we expect better from our leaders now.

I don't think there's enough in Chicago's lineup to try whip up.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Yeah. Who did they win 3 cups with? And old, crusty Quenneville.
And who's stan's dad? Captain Mindf*** himself.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Yeah. Who did they win 3 cups with? And old, crusty Quenneville.
And who's stan's dad? Captain Mind**** himself.

Mean bosses sometimes get the most out of their people. It depends on the person and the circumstance. People now are much less accepting of it though. Personally I've had mean bosses get me to work harder for a while... But it gets old. Positive reinforcement is a much better motivator for me personally. And yeah sure I'm not an NHL player.

So if you want to argue that you can still get the most out of some NHL players with mind games and abuse, I'm sure it's true for some. But it was abuse by today's standards and most players now don't want that. Furthermore they finally have enough sway to do something about it. It's about time in my opinion. The whole hockey management industry is improving a ton. Toe Blake won 5 cups in his first 5 years. I'm willing to bet no one is looking to his tactics for inspiration though. Why? Because that was in the 1950s and those tactics are less effective now. Same thing with Scotty Bowman's mind games.

Reactions: lomekian

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
How are you going to take a swipe at a guy and then fold like a cheap lawn chair when he barely retaliates :laugh: That’s extremely embarrassing

Reactions: gbdet

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Was he punched or was he shot? I can't tell.
The "Bunch of Jerks" poking fun of Mrazek.

upload_2019-12-6_12-36-52.png

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Not the NHL - but I like seeing the way Vilardi and Frk are working it for LA's AHL team.
Wonder if Frk stays in North America... Bet lots of AHL/NHL tweeners are hanging on for that expansion team and another kick at the can.

Vilardi's shootout winner

He tied it earlier

Frk is 12-6-18 in 20 games.

It's weird because Frk is almost a Kings kind of guy. They've never been about speed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad