Around the NHL 2019-2020 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Until they win the damn draft lotto.

This exactly how it would go. Matthews, meet your new winger Lafreniere. Anyway, it's been real.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Electric Eric

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Cory Schneider on waivers today. Does Yzerman give him a shot and look to trade/waive Howard?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
For his health, I hope he takes a long look this time. Money isn't everything.

The money is guaranteed... Not my choice but we went through this with Franzen and Okposo is now similarly getting hurt on routine plays. I wish him the best and hope we don't start hearing the stories we have on Mule. If he can walk away at peace with his career now, he should really consider it in my opinion.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
If he can walk away at peace with his career now, he should really consider it in my opinion.

As someone who had to walk away from hockey at 32 because of bad hips, I can relate. It sucks being held out because of medical reasons. It feels like you haven't gone out on your own terms.

That being said, he's ninth in his draft class (2006) in points. I'd say he's had a pretty good career, but never having gone very far in the playoffs, I bet it stings.

That's the year Detroit pretty much struck out (Emmerton, Matthias, Axelsson, Larsson, Mursak, Oslund, Pyett).

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Leafs lose another one, they better not get a lottery pick in the draft. That pick is Carolina's property.

Last edited:

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Draisaitl is on pace for 157 points and McDavid on pace for 153 points. Kenny has a five year window to bring the Cup back to Edmonton. Draisaitl's current contract ends in 2025 and McDavid's is up in 2026.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
so can one of the mods update the title to this thread? The offseason ended quite a while ago. Sorry my ocd is kicking in a little bit :laugh:

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I watched him play for the Spitfires a couple of times. I can't comment on how he looks now, but he was electric a few years back.

He was dynamite in the Memorial Cup.
I had no desire for Vilardi up until then...Hadn't watched him. Read about his skating issues.
And then I watched the Memorial Cup.
Shame what injuries have done.
This guy has size, elite hands, and top notch playmaking IQ.

Here's a game he played in the AHL last year before he was shut down.
#42.

I literally screamed when we drafted Rasmussen over Vilardi.
One, I couldn't believe Vilardi fell to us.
Two, Rasmussen was one of the few "Do Not Draft" guys on my list.
I didn't think we could get Vilardi, believing he'd go top 5.
But I was hoping for Necas, Liljegren or Robert Thomas.

Reactions: Kronwalled55

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Mrazek is 10-3-1.
He helped the team get to the conference finals last year.

He's 27-9-2 since Jan 1, 2019.
Other Canes goalies are 15-10-1 in that time.
I bet you think Pekka Rinne and Bobrovsky are having great seasons as well.

Weird that all 3 of those players play on teams that are top teams in the league in terms of g/gp and shots against/gp.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wow, Jeff Carter won at life!:laugh:

Note: yes I defend Columbus fans that hate him. Still have always liked the player but he quit on them big time. Outside of that he has been a really good player for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->