Around the NHL 2019-2020 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Columbus is having such a brutal offseason

first they lost Davidson to the Rangers

they lost Panarin and Bobrovsky in addition to the guys they traded for at the deadline

and now Davidson is poaching their scouts

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Columbus is having such a brutal offseason

first they lost Davidson to the Rangers

they lost Panarin and Bobrovsky in addition to the guys they traded for at the deadline

and now Davidson is poaching their scouts

They also got the best goalie in my opinion outside of the NHL coming over. Which I think is getting buried a little bit. Not giving Bob that contract is probably for the best long-term. Cannot believe the Panthers did that while drafting Knight, who is not going to take that long to get ready.

Most of the conditions didn't materialize so a bulk of the crazy assets people think they are losing really didn't happen.

Not saying they are having an ideal off-season. But I think they actually built some capital with their fan-base and city this last year which is hard to put a price tag on and something they have struggled to achieve for a lot of their existence. Having an extra low first for unloading Panarin probably doesn't materially change the overall organizational outlook.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think that's a really good number for Gardiner. Carolina did well, and their blueline is looking pretty darn solid. Should be a good team this year if their goalies don't fall apart.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How is that all he is getting?

They must not have allowed medicals??? Not sure but that is all I can think which also is a, wow could they not or were unwilling to let people see his back? All I can think, apologize if that is inaccurate but seriously my only explanation.

If they were unwilling to do that 16 million+ starts to make sense I guess.

Reactions: Winger98

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts

21. Unrestricted free-agent-to-be Torey Krug on whether he’s concerned about the lack of contract talks with the Bruins: “I wouldn’t say concerned…. would say just interested to see what is going to happen. It’s my future. It’s going to affect my family, where they live. It’s going to affect my kids, where they go to school…. It affects a lot things. Not concerned, just curious to see what is going to happen.”

It's been rumoured that DET wants him next year, it'll be interesting.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Come to us Torey, come to us. (check out his hat)

I don't think the hat was a mistake on his part while saying it either...

This narrative has been out there a little bit now, he seems pretty frustrated with Boston not valuing him as much as he thinks they should. For the record I agree with them going for McAvoy and Carlo first but we might benefit from it.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I don't think the hat was a mistake on his part while saying it either...

This narrative has been out there a little bit now, he seems pretty frustrated with Boston not valuing him as much as he thinks they should. For the record I agree with them going for McAvoy and Carlo first but we might benefit from it.

Considering McAvoy can't stay healthy and Carlo hasn't exactly been setting the score sheet on fire, while Krug has played the most games of any of their D over the past two seasons, is the most productive (by far) and is a massive part of their power play...Krug has a legit beef, imo. Boston is in a funny spot, too. They are getting older fast, and Krug would be a pretty big trade chip next spring. But does anyone expect Boston to not be pushing for a playoff spot?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I guess if I had waited this long as an RFA, I would have waited out the CBA deadline over the weekend. In any event good to see some of them finally signing. Marner should be a big domino.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Considering McAvoy can't stay healthy and Carlo hasn't exactly been setting the score sheet on fire, while Krug has played the most games of any of their D over the past two seasons, is the most productive (by far) and is a massive part of their power play...Krug has a legit beef, imo. Boston is in a funny spot, too. They are getting older fast, and Krug would be a pretty big trade chip next spring. But does anyone expect Boston to not be pushing for a playoff spot?

I can easily see Boston not making the playoffs. Bergeron sounds like he's starting the season with a bad groin.
Krejci has been injured frequently.
Not sure they'd fall far enough out of the picture to trade Krug though.

Krug will be 29. He'll probably demand more than Spurgeon just did if he hits the UFA market.
We've got a young defense we're installing. Not sure adding a PP guy who's been a minus on a cup contender would make sense for Detroit.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I can easily see Boston not making the playoffs. Bergeron sounds like he's starting the season with a bad groin.
Krejci has been injured frequently.
Not sure they'd fall far enough out of the picture to trade Krug though.

Krug will be 29. He'll probably demand more than Spurgeon just did if he hits the UFA market.
We've got a young defense we're installing. Not sure adding a PP guy who's been a minus on a cup contender would make sense for Detroit.

A lot clearly depends on how the kids mature over this season. Look at next season, though, and right now we'd have only Dekeyser and Nemeth as guys with any real experience. Hronek should have a season under his belt, maybe Cholowski gets another 40 or so games. Seider, maybe another guy gets a shorter look. I think we're looking at having to sign at least one guy to fill out the blueline and to just not have a bunch of rookies or near rookies trying to hold down a whole lot of minutes.

I don't know if Krug is my first choice, but if he can get our powerplay legitimately working...a 20% successful power play could take a lot of pressure off 5v5 play and maybe help keep other teams a bit more honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad