Around the NHL 2019-2020 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
that's pretty darn cheap price to pay for Faulk. Are they that unsure about re-signing Pietrangelo or are they just going to run those two and Parayko out on three pairings?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I see the Faulk trade & singing as:

1. looking to repeat as SC Champs
2. insurance in case Pietro and/or Parayko get injured
3. depth move & very solid anchor on 3rd pair (if that's where he plays)
4. hoarding RHS PMD in his prime (aka a very tradeable asset)
5. insurance in case Pietro leaves in UFA 2020 (to Wings hopefully)
6. loads up on Top4 dmen
7. another PP weapon
8. expansion "fodder" for Seattle 2021

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Personally I believe that Carolina will come out as winners when it's all said and done. Big fan of Bokk and Edmundson will be a good depth replacement.

Also have to consider that Faulk was likely gone after this season.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Hey. So. Just reading about Sonny Milano potentially being on waivers or traded... Just wondering if anyone remembers if he played with Larkin much? He was the next pick after Larkin from the same team, stats suggest he played with Eichel but yeah. Had a thought of swapping him for waiver exempt prospect if there was a + from CBJ, but if he can't make CBJ at this point he's probably not worth it.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Hey. So. Just reading about Sonny Milano potentially being on waivers or traded... Just wondering if anyone remembers if he played with Larkin much? He was the next pick after Larkin from the same team, stats suggest he played with Eichel but yeah. Had a thought of swapping him for waiver exempt prospect if there was a + from CBJ, but if he can't make CBJ at this point he's probably not worth it.
Anyone know what's going on with that situation?

Solid D+1
Really really good first seaosn in the AHL
Great season in the AHL
Solid first NHL season as a 21 year old.
Thennn....? Looks like he was in both leagues.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Played above Larkin with Eichel on line 1 a bunch from what I remember. I really liked Milano a great deal in his draft year, he has looked good when the Griffins are playing the Monsters as well. Silky hands, but he hasn't been hard enough on the puck at the pro level and seems top 6 or bust when he is up in the NHL. I mean you could talk me into a waiver claim, it buries all of the youngsters and really for a bit which would make some people unhappy. I believe he and Larks played together at times, he also was over at a World Championship with Larks and Blash so they would know his game. Perlini is likely to be waived by the Hawks and has a ton of history with Larkin as well, he would be an interesting guy given his cap hit if Yzerman did want to bury Abdelkader and replace his style of game with the same cap hit to keep his number basically the same on the cap. I don't expect those moves though.

Milano has some compete issues at times, not sure he is the kind of guy we would take a chance on given the current directive out of Yzerman. But to be clear I wouldn't kill the move, I would just be surprised.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Didn't Milano have some legal trouble this summer? I'd take him if we have the roster space, but I wouldn't make room for him at this point.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015

Jurco playing with McDavid lol

It's been said countless times but man, the fact that oilers have been unable to draft and develop a single top-6 forward outside their top-3 picks after all these years is absolutely pathetic.

Think about their offense with Bert and AA.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I do think one of Buffalo or Florida is going to put one of Boston or Toronto under some serious heat. If the Sabres had a decent goalie I would have a lot more faith. But while I don't think Tampa can come under fire I could see either of these two jumping up to compete with what is in front of them in our division.

Coach Q and Ralph Krueger are big adds for those two franchises in my opinion.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My god Jacob Trouba looks good at RAngers.

Hard passes --> Zibanejad scored from his feed on a breakaway.

Good shot, did score with a slapper on PP.

He is exactly what was talked, guy waiting a real 1st D opportunity, just years wasted behind another guy (Byfuglien).

I hope Yzerman trades him to wings at some point. Or sign to Detroit as 32-year-old UFA.

Reactions: The Zermanator

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
My god Jacob Trouba looks good at RAngers.

Hard passes --> Zibanejad scored from his feed on a breakaway.

Good shot, did score with a slapper on PP.

He is exactly what was talked, guy waiting a real 1st D opportunity, just years wasted behind another guy (Byfuglien).

I hope Yzerman trades him to wings at some point. Or sign to Detroit as 32-year-old UFA.
3pt night, +1, 5 hits, 3 shots, 4 GVA, 2 TKA 24:26 TOI. he looked good.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Just watched Hughes/Gusev debut ...the Jets@Devils, NJ blows a 4-0 lead to lose 5-4 in OT, Jets played NYR last night. Cory Schneider left early in the 3rd after giving up 2 goals with what looked like a pulled groin, maybe his recurring hip issue? Gusev looks pretty good, only NJ player to score in the SO & had 1G, Hughes was pointless. Devils board is upto 61 pages already of livid Devils fans, they're completely melting down.

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Commie for Commish

Babcock probably did all the recruiting for Spezza, too, talking about what a great honor it would be to have him in the locker room and what a thrill it would be for him and his family to finish his career in Toronto. Then he goes ahead and scratches him game 1.

Reactions: gbdet

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Even if Commodore is right, I cannot take his takes on Babcock seriously.

His constant hatred for the guy is pathetic.
Yeah Commodore is clearly biased and holding onto a decade old grudge but Babcock does have a history of hardheaded decisions like that. This Spezza situation seems especially petty, even by his standards though.

Oct 18, 2006
Slick, slick move by Jurco last night in his Oiler debut to get an assist. Hope he does well there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad