Around the NHL 2019-2020 | Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
A lot clearly depends on how the kids mature over this season. Look at next season, though, and right now we'd have only Dekeyser and Nemeth as guys with any real experience. Hronek should have a season under his belt, maybe Cholowski gets another 40 or so games. Seider, maybe another guy gets a shorter look. I think we're looking at having to sign at least one guy to fill out the blueline and to just not have a bunch of rookies or near rookies trying to hold down a whole lot of minutes.

I don't know if Krug is my first choice, but if he can get our powerplay legitimately working...a 20% successful power play could take a lot of pressure off 5v5 play and maybe help keep other teams a bit more honest.

CHolo is a LHD.
Dekeyser and Nemeth are signed for next year. I'd be pretty good with letting Cholo come up unless a legit all-situations defenseman comes up.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
CHolo is a LHD.
Dekeyser and Nemeth are signed for next year. I'd be pretty good with letting Cholo come up unless a legit all-situations defenseman comes up.

But how many people are happy with Dekeyser or Nemeth or see them as top4 guys? And Cholo is a kid. I look at next year and want to see Hronek and Cholo. I think Seider plays his way onto it. My dream would be for Josi to hit the market and to be able to put him with Seider, put Cholo with Hronek, and let the third pairing sort itself out with Dekeyser/Nemeth/Whoever.

But getting that legit all-situations guy is something I just don't see happening, at least through free agency. So, we end up having to take the best of what we can get. With a guy like Krug, is he worth $8m if he plays only 16 minutes a night at even strength, but still logs 3-4 minutes every night on the power play? I mean, he'd still be a 19-20 minute guy, he'd still be in a position where he's still putting up a ton of points. But, technically, he's a third pairing guy.

Reactions: VelenoLikeAFeleno

Christien

May 1, 2010
The Rangers are icing a pretty interesting lineup tonight with guys like Kakko, Fox, Panarin, Kravtsov, Zibanejad, and Trouba

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I can easily see Boston not making the playoffs. Bergeron sounds like he's starting the season with a bad groin.
Krejci has been injured frequently.
Not sure they'd fall far enough out of the picture to trade Krug though.

Krug will be 29. He'll probably demand more than Spurgeon just did if he hits the UFA market.
We've got a young defense we're installing. Not sure adding a PP guy who's been a minus on a cup contender would make sense for Detroit.

If you can "easily see" Boston missing the PO you need
to get your eyes checked. Though dealing with groin injuries isn't good, Bergeron as been dealing with them
off/on for the past 3 years. They will manage him.

Your statement on Krejci just isn't true. He has played
80, 64 and 81 games the last 3 years. Played every game in the PO the last two years, so you're are wrong
about Krejci.

Who is going to beat out Boston? Maybe Florida, but
after that you actually think Columbus or NYR are?
If you say Montreal, you have zero credibility. In fact
Columbus and the NYI are asolutely in greater danger
than Boston of missing.

Boston will again have a top 3 goaltending duo along
with a top 10 d core that has 2 very young and good
top 2 RD men. They have two elite wings and a very good
core of 4, two way centermen.

They have had a significant amount of injuries
the past two years yet managed to finish
top 5 and 3 the last two, including coming within
one win of winning it all.

Also Krug likes it in Boston and is absolutely valued
by Sweeney. Sweeney had to focus on McAvoy and Carlo
first. Anything is possible regarding Krug, but as long as he signs at about 7M, I don't see him being traded.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
to get your eyes checked. Though dealing with groin injuries isn't good, Bergeron as been dealing with them

80, 64 and 81 games the last 3 years. Played every game in the PO the last two years, so you're are wrong
about Krejci.

than Boston of missing.

first. Anything is possible regarding Krug, but as long as he signs at about 7M, I don't see him being traded.

If someone disagrees with you, they have "zero credibility."
Nice rant.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If someone disagrees with you, they have "zero credibility."
Nice rant.

Lol, my "rant" didn't just make stuff up like you did.
I kicked your assertion on Krejci to the curb where it belongs. Facts are, the team that 90% of the hockey world can "easily see" not making the PO is yours.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Every forum I go into there is full of you guys arguing with some ghost who I’ve ignored... it’s getting kind of ridiculous :laugh:
Oh thank God I wasn't the only one, I was so confused that they were yelling at the walls (not this thread particularly (kind of), but recently in most threads revolving around Zadina or Ras)

If you block a person and they change their username, are they unblocked or does the new username get blocked as well?

Reactions: mantha39
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Oh thank God I wasn't the only one, I was so confused that they were yelling at the walls (not this thread particularly (kind of), but recently in most threads revolving around Zadina or Ras)

If you block a person and they change their username, are they unblocked or does the new username get blocked as well?

Idk if that’s how it works or not... either way it’s making every thread unreadable

Reactions: Konnan511

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Lol, my "rant" didn't just make stuff up like you did.
I kicked your assertion on Krejci to the curb where it belongs. Facts are, the team that 90% of the hockey world can "easily see" not making the PO is yours.

"Anyone who disagrees with me lacks credibility."
That's the foundation of any internet rant.

If Bergeron is battling the same groin injury that screwed him last playoffs, that, right there, is enough take the Bruins down a notch or two.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
"Anyone who disagrees with me lacks credibility."
That's the foundation of any internet rant.

If Bergeron is battling the same groin injury that screwed him last playoffs, that, right there, is enough take the Bruins down a notch or two.

Its more reality based than your "easily missing"
non-sense. Again you offered made up non-sense
regarding Krejci. Bergeron has returned to camp
with no restrictions. Sorry to burst your
Bruins hate bubble.

You need to stay away from declarative statements
easily refuted. So enjoy watching an actual
team that anyone can easily see missing the playoffs.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Its more reality based than your "easily missing"
non-sense. Again you offered made up non-sense
regarding Krejci. Bergeron has returned to camp
with no restrictions. Sorry to burst your
Bruins hate bubble.

You need to stay away from declarative statements
easily refuted. So enjoy watching an actual
team that anyone can easily see missing the playoffs.

"Sorry to hate your bruins hate bubble" says the guy telling people to stay away from declarative statements.

I like the Bruins. I like Chara, Marchand, Bergeron Krejci and Pastrnak.

So, you're wrong again.

Patrice Bergeron Gives Update On Groin Injury, Remains Confident He'll Play Opening Night
Bergeron has a groin injury. It's a problem that's nagged him since the playoffs or further.
He's 34. I can easily see a down year for him.

Nobody saw the Hawks falling out of the playoffs a couple years ago. And then they did.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

about Krejci.

than Boston of missing.

I get the they had a long season takes, but I honestly don't think they are more likely to miss than the Leafs.

Andersen gets hurt... Full stop, that is what it might take for the Leafs if everyone is around them when it happens. Boston has a really good battery, a pretty good blueline and vets up front that know how to grind results in the dog days. I guess they could suffer significant injuries, I mean they did last year and churned through it. But if you want the top Atlantic team that could go down, if the Leafs suffered an injury in goal or lost Rielly for a decent stretch they are much more in danger in my opinion.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
"Sorry to hate your bruins hate bubble" says the guy telling people to stay away from declarative statements.

I like the Bruins. I like Chara, Marchand, Bergeron Krejci and Pastrnak.

So, you're wrong again.

Patrice Bergeron Gives Update On Groin Injury, Remains Confident He'll Play Opening Night
Bergeron has a groin injury. It's a problem that's nagged him since the playoffs or further.
He's 34. I can easily see a down year for him.

Nobody saw the Hawks falling out of the playoffs a couple years ago. And then they did.

The Hawks fell out of contention primarily due to Crawford getting injured and Panarin being traded
for Saad.

Even with Bergeron at about 75% in The Finals, they still came within 1 win of The Cup. If he is hurt they slot Krejci in with Marchand/Pastrnak and its still an elite line.

You are completely ignoring their depth. Their D
corp is top 10 for certain and depth wise IMO
top 3.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
The Hawks fell out of contention primarily due to Crawford getting injured and Panarin being traded
for Saad.
That's a bit reductionist. Keith and Seabrook both declined substantially. They lost Hjalmarsson who was very solid. Hossa retired.

By the way, Hossa has to be one of the must underrated players ever... 19-year career, 3 Cups, 500+ goals, and over 1100 points. Plus he was a great defensive winger and supposedly a great teammate.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Hossa put up some great numbers, but I wasn't real enamored with him when he was here. Really good player, but he was a complimentary player, imo.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Hossa put up some great numbers, but I wasn't real enamored with him when he was here. Really good player, but he was a complimentary player, imo.
Hossa's stint with Detroit was really weird. The guy was dynamic and I wish we could have had him for more than the one season, but everything about that year that revolved around him was just perplexing.

The weirdest thing was him scoring his 6 goals in three games and in three separate rounds, then doing virtually nothing in the finals. I think if he even gets one or two goals in the finals Holland does whatever it takes to keep him long-term.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Hossa's stint with Detroit was really weird. The guy was dynamic and I wish we could have had him for more than the one season, but everything about that year that revolved around him was just perplexing.

The weirdest thing was him scoring his 6 goals in three games and in three separate rounds, then doing virtually nothing in the finals. I think if he even gets one or two goals in the finals Holland does whatever it takes to keep him long-term.

He did have a weird clustering of production, but he was also never a huge producer in the playoffs. His one big year was the year before when he had Crosby feeding him. For as good as Hossa was, he just couldn't take over a game, and I don't think he ever really could. not consistently the way we have seen guys like Datsyuk, Z, Crosby, Lindros, Yzerman, etc. do it.

Part of that is probably the position, and a lesson why we should be hesitant to pay a ton of money for a wing. I mean, even look at Ovechkin. Great player, but he couldn't get the Capitals out of the second round. We saw the same thing with Kovalchuk. Vancouver couldn't do anything built around Bert and Naslund. A great wing is nice, but it's not a place to lean on.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
That's a bit reductionist. Keith and Seabrook both declined substantially. They lost Hjalmarsson who was very solid. Hossa retired.

By the way, Hossa has to be one of the must underrated players ever... 19-year career, 3 Cups, 500+ goals, and over 1100 points. Plus he was a great defensive winger and supposedly a great teammate.

They had a carousel of suck in net after Crawford.
We all know bad tending kills a team, good or bad.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Part of that is probably the position, and a lesson why we should be hesitant to pay a ton of money for a wing. I mean, even look at Ovechkin. Great player, but he couldn't get the Capitals out of the second round. We saw the same thing with Kovalchuk. Vancouver couldn't do anything built around Bert and Naslund. A great wing is nice, but it's not a place to lean on.
Agreed. I'm not a fan of building around wingers. I think NYR will regret the Panarin contract.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Agreed. I'm not a fan of building around wingers. I think NYR will regret the Panarin contract.

Yeah, I know NYR has gotten some love lately but they look like a team that's going to have to find a center at some point but may have too much skill to fall far enough in the draft to realistically get one. It's also why, if I was Toronto, I'd look to move Marner. Matthews and Tavares are going to carry whatever line they are on, they don't need a $10+ million wing. But they do need help on the blueline, and Marner might bring that. Or at least bring the cap room to go after someone.

Reactions: Ricelund

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, I know NYR has gotten some love lately but they look like a team that's going to have to find a center at some point but may have too much skill to fall far enough in the draft to realistically get one. It's also why, if I was Toronto, I'd look to move Marner. Matthews and Tavares are going to carry whatever line they are on, they don't need a $10+ million wing. But they do need help on the blueline, and Marner might bring that. Or at least bring the cap room to go after someone.

Nylander is the bigger problem there. Mike Zibenejad is not far off from Larkin, maybe five to ten spots below but pretty underrated guy, I think he is probably inside the top 30 centers.

We will see, they do need to figure some things out but they should be good sometime soon, of course I think they lose Kreider next off-season and I have always liked him so they will need a replacement for him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->