Around the NHL: 2019-20 Season Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I would assume until teams start flipping it cross ice, that backdoor is wiiiide open

For teams that lack the high end passers, I bet some teams will/should run overloads on the puck side with picks.

There's always a counter, but its so fun to see teams be willing to commit to the unexpected.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So the Jackets are adapting their PKing...

...wonder how long until this becomes more the norm. The box gave way to the diamond and now we see wedge +1.

That's got to be tiring though if you can maintain possession in the zone.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I don't like going against a team with McDavid in fantasy, he's such a cheat code.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Let's see if the three kids can carry the mail while the captain is out.

Hey, I know plenty of people who want to give him a finger!

Also they've just identified the culprit:
IMG_20191017_143219.jpg

WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The Leafs D is so bad. They are always going to win a lot of regular season games with that offense, and nothing in the playoffs. And good luck addressing gaping holes with their cap situation
They've actually only been a .500 pt team since December of last year. Let's hope that trend continues. How epic would it be if they missed the playoffs? It's doubtful, but a man can dream.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I don't see anyone on Minnesota being all that helpful. The Sabres cap situation narrows options. Next summer all the pending RFAs that should be re-signed will leave no cap room at all. The only way to make an impact FW addition is to trade salary for salary in a hockey trade (roughly 5-6 mil given potentially expendable players like Ristolainen or Montour). With one significant move to improve the FWs long-term, I wouldn't be putting all my chips into Zucker. Botterill could move out Scandella and Bogosian early on to get picks and to clear cap, and then flip them later for a typical TDL buy like pending UFA Toffoli, but that's not a long-term solution and I wouldn't want to rely on him deciding to re-sign as my long-term FW addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad