Around the NHL: 2019-20 Season Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Watching Panarin makes me hate the Vesey trade even more. Taking the cap they needed to sign Panarin in the form of Vesey is nauseating. Panarin is good at the hockey.
Panarin was not going to sign here so, as much as I've always hated the Vesey trade, it just isn't a factor.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Panarin was not going to sign here so, as much as I've always hated the Vesey trade, it just isn't a factor.
No shyte. But he COULDN'T sign in NY if they didn't dump useless salary. And walah...we helped them out. Emphasis on useless.

Reactions: sabremike

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
No shyte. But he COULDN'T sign in NY if they didn't dump useless salary. And walah...we helped them out. Emphasis on useless.
Who cares about the Rangers? They are garbage. All that matters is that the trade sucks for us because Vesey is a plug.

Reactions: jc17

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Who cares about the Rangers? They are garbage. All that matters is that the trade sucks for us because Vesey is a plug.
One could argo that 3rd is a bit of an overpayment, given their cap situation before they could sign Panarin.
But as you said its just a bad trade.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

this is a weird take as Vesey is clearly a trade-able asset. Even if a 3rd was an overpayment, someone would have given a 4th.

NY was going to have him with or without trading vesey to Buffalo.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Couldn’t write a better story. Jack Hughes scoring his 1st goal vs his brother’s team...

Really? Not even like, 4 goals in your first game ever? First goal this late into the season isn't storybook anything. Just because it's his brother's team? Meh.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Just got NHL.TV .... why is there no feed for Bruins Maple Leafs game....?

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Man, Bobrosky's numbers are not pretty. I know it's early and I know they'll get better, but signing a 31 year old goaltender to that contract is insane to me. Spending $10 million a year on a goaltender is insanity.
He's gonna be competitive for like...a couple years maybe. After that it's gonna be rough. Not off to a good start either, not at all.

It seems to be a trend that the Panthers get so close to relevance and then one mind-boggling move just topples the tower they've built.

Reactions: sabresfan129103

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Anytime it's a national televised game, there is no feed. So if its on NHL or NBC, it's not live on NHLTV....you'll get a feed 24/48 hours later, don't remember which one.

i got it to work. i had to log out of my account and log back in.

But.. another question... I live in Sabres territory... says Rangers, Isles, Devils and Sabres are in my blackout area.

So i wont we be able to watch Sabres or will i have to get the away team feeds? i forgot all about blackouts.. im planning on getting rid of Spectrum

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Man, Bobrosky's numbers are not pretty. I know it's early and I know they'll get better, but signing a 31 year old goaltender to that contract is insane to me. Spending $10 million a year on a goaltender is insanity.
He'll never be known as Mr October
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nhl/florida-panthers/article236331778.html
Bobrovsky has a tendency of getting off to slow starts. His career save efficiency and goal-allowed average for October (.904 and 2.91) are the worst of his career for any given month.
He posted sub .900 save percentages in the month of October last season and in his injury-shortened 2015-16 campaign — both with the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Last year, after posting just a .882 save percentage and a 2-5-0 record in October, Bobrovsky closed out the year with a .917 save percentage over his final 57 starts. Columbus, which reached the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, went 37-19-1 after October with Bobrovsky in net.

Bobrovsky started out even worse in the 2015-16 season. He had a .865 save percentage and a 2-8 record in 10 October starts. His finish to the season: A .921 save percentage in 25 games, missing the bulk of January and February with a groin injury.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005

But.. another question... I live in Sabres territory... says Rangers, Isles, Devils and Sabres are in my blackout area.

So i wont we be able to watch Sabres or will i have to get the away team feeds? i forgot all about blackouts.. im planning on getting rid of Spectrum
VPN....or you just wasted a bunch of money

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland

You won't be able to watch any Sabres games. It's not a good deal unless you live out of your team's area, or if you are willing to take other measures to make it think you live somewhere else (but we're probably not supposed to discuss that).

Reactions: Beerz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad