Around the NHL: 2019-20 Season Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Child kidnapping tends to be frowned upon and most countries have specific laws for this type of thing.
Dude, we live in Russia, we have lawlessness and corruption of enormous proportions. I will not take the side of Zaitsev, but if the stories about his wife are true, then it will be much safer for the children with Zaitsev and their education will be much better than with ex-wife.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Dude, we live in Russia, we have lawlessness and corruption of enormous proportions. I will not take the side of Zaitsev, but if the stories about his wife are true, then it will be much safer for the children with Zaitsev and their education will be much better than with ex-wife.

Dude I know. I'm not picking sides either, nor have I even read the stories of eithers behavior.

Just pointing out that International Laws on child kidnapping could put Zaitsev in a tough spot.

Dobro Tata doesn't equal legally correct behavior.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dude I know. I'm not picking sides either, nor have I even read the stories of eithers behavior.

Just pointing out that International Laws on child kidnapping could put Zaitsev in a tough spot.

Dobro Tata doesn't equal legally correct behavior.
Yes, here I agree, although again I do not know with whom the children of Zaitsev should live by law, because I do not know the whole story. It’s just that you might think that Zaitsev is such a bad person and abducts children from a good mother, but in fact it can be the other way around.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Yes, here I agree, although again I do not know with whom the children of Zaitsev should live by law, because I do not know the whole story. It’s just that you might think that Zaitsev is such a bad person and abducts children from a good mother, but in fact it can be the other way around.

Apologies if you misunderstood, as a lawyer I forget sometimes the common definitions, particularly with language differences.

Kidnapping is just the proper term for taking a child without legal custody rights or court permission. I didn't use it to imply any moral standards on who cared for the child is correct.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I enjoy the leafs struggling as much as the next guy, but I think a lot of the criticism of Matthews is unfair. Reminds me of the exact criticism eichel randomly gets and I always disagree with.

Guy is slumping and the team is playing poorly....and he still gonna get 40 goals and be ppg. The leafs have serious issues, including how their team is constructed, but their individual superstars aren’t the problem.

If there is one thing Toronto media is good at, it is tearing down star players.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Robin Lehner in the shootout fails to make a single save. Anyone surprised? Honestly I don't even blame Lehner at this point, if everyone including Lehner himself knows hes awful at it then that's on coaching for not putting the backup in just for shootouts. Seriously hes dead last among goalies over the last few years among goalies that had at least 10 shots against. Coaches are too busy being cookie cutting dinosaurs to actually think outside of their tiny box.

5at13wR.jpg

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Robin Lehner in the shootout fails to make a single save. Anyone surprised? Honestly I don't even blame Lehner at this point, if everyone including Lehner himself knows hes awful at it then that's on coaching for not putting the backup in just for shootouts. Seriously hes dead last among goalies over the last few years among goalies that had at least 10 shots against. Coaches are too busy being cookie cutting dinosaurs to actually think outside of their tiny box.

It really shouldn't be hard for Crawford to start warming up at the end of regulation. There's about 15 minutes between when the regulation horn sounds and the start of the shootout. Just have one of your players shoot the puck out of play towards the end of OT and pull Lehner. Give yourself a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad