Around the NHL: 2019-20 Season Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Would getting Sprong or Ho-Sang be much of a downgrade from keeping Alex Nylander? I get the same vibe from all three, though I see some good stuff posted above.

I could see one of Sprong or Ho-Sang meeting or exceeding Nylander's production over the next couple of years in the right role. It's all on how much confidence they have in Krueger to get that guy into the "Sabres Way".

Reactions: Franson

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Real NHL hockey is almost back! :handclap:
giphy.gif

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Would getting Sprong or Ho-Sang be much of a downgrade from keeping Alex Nylander? I get the same vibe from all three, though I see some good stuff posted above.

I could see one of Sprong or Ho-Sang meeting or exceeding Nylander's production over the next couple of years in the right role. It's all on how much confidence they have in Krueger to get that guy into the "Sabres Way".

Ho-Sang intrigues me, after reading the comments about him from Bridgeport's coach. He was always a talented kid who got in his own way with his mouth/attitude. If he's finally learned to control that and put in the work away from the puck, there could be some real upside there.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Ho-Sang intrigues me, after reading the comments about him from Bridgeport's coach. He was always a talented kid who got in his own way with his mouth/attitude. If he's finally learned to control that and put in the work away from the puck, there could be some real upside there.

I still remember McDavid screaming at HoSang during their Marlies days because he wouldn't pass to anyone.

HoSang is a unique guy and you need a special person to deal with him and bring his best out of him. He is hyper skilled but struggles with utilizing those skills within a game plan.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In the realm of consistency - Luke Kunin jump into Bryan Little's head and it is deemed accidental. For those who maybe still salty over Eich's suspension:

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Such an awesomely perfect analogy, I had to share

As an aside, this is the second time I've heard the Costanza/Yankees reference today. The first being a golf writer's belief that Rory McIlroy is trying to get fired by the European Tour so that he can play for the U.S. in the next Ryder Cup. Seinfeld endures. :laugh:

Reactions: Fezzy126

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
As an aside, this is the second time I've heard the Costanza/Yankees reference today. The first being a golf writer's belief that Rory McIlroy is trying to get fired by the European Tour so that he can play for the U.S. in the next Ryder Cup. Seinfeld endures. :laugh:

Cross promotion. The streaming rights were just purchased for beaucoup bucks.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I still remember McDavid screaming at HoSang during their Marlies days because he wouldn't pass to anyone.

HoSang is a unique guy and you need a special person to deal with him and bring his best out of him. He is hyper skilled but struggles with utilizing those skills within a game plan.
I was high on Ho-Sang his draft year because of how he drove the net in traffic. @Dingo44 asked about Ho-Sang and Sprong vs. Nylander in post #2 above. I see Nylander as a much more of a perimeter player.

Regarding Sabres waiver claims, my attitude is if you can upgrade overall organizational talent, make the claim. You can always release the player, or a different player, later. One of the ways Punch Imlach shaped the expansion Sabres the first few years was constant waiver claims of incremental moves to improve the overall talent. Player claim here, player claim there, trade player for pick. Lather, rinse, repeat.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I was high on Ho-Sang his draft year because of how he drove the net in traffic. @Dingo44 asked about Ho-Sang and Sprong vs. Nylander in post #2 above. I see Nylander as a much more of a perimeter player.

Regarding Sabres waiver claims, my attitude is if you can upgrade overall organizational talent, make the claim. You can always release the player, or a different player, later. One of the ways Punch Imlach shaped the expansion Sabres the first few years was constant waiver claims of incremental moves to improve the overall talent. Player claim here, player claim there, trade player for pick. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Krueger might be a guy who could unlock Ho Sang. If Ho Sang would buy into defensive responsibilities he would probably thrive under the offensive creativity the players are saying Krueger is giving them.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Most Interesting Men on the Waiver Wire: Sept. 30, 2019;...

Good breakdown of the various intriguing guys on waivers. Nelson gets a mention.

Apparently Ottawa only has one contract spot free so they can only get one claim. Nice roster management.

Buffalo has been collecting right-shot defencemen and something had to give before opening night. On Monday it did, with quasi-generational RD Casey Nelson being exposed to the wire. The 27-year-old faux elite has 18 points, a 51 percent Corsi and the regrettable goal differential that comes from playing in Buffalo over 93 career NHL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad