Around the NHL - 2018 Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Aside from not liking the Capitals a lot of the posters here have never seen the Rangers win a Cup and are looking at an uncertain future (Rangers could be the next Maple Leafs with a 50 year drought). The Capitals and Rangers both had a history of coming up short in the playoffs so seeing the Capitals overcome that is not easy to see.
You're right but I hope you're wrong about the uncertain future part. I hope JG is looking at what winnipeg did for the most part. Get three or four consecutive drafts were you have a boatload of picks in the first three rounds. Build with some 18-21 year olds let them grow together. Best chance we have of winning anything.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
You're right but I hope you're wrong about the uncertain future part. I hope JG is looking at what winnipeg did for the most part. Get three or four consecutive drafts were you have a boatload of picks in the first three rounds. Build with some 18-21 year olds let them grow together. Best chance we have of winning anything.
Not sure how we're getting talent on the level of Laine without winning the draft lottery (very unlikely).

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
When were they ever the bigger people?

Three times we knocked them out. Never "congratulations" or "good series." Not once. Always an excuse. Always they deserved to win. Rooted for NJ in 2012, rooted for Boston in 2013, rooted for Tampa in 2015. Hell, rooted for the Kings in 2014 when they didn't even make it.

**** those people. **** their team. **** their arena. **** their horn. **** their Stanley Cup. I'm going to the be the little person on this one because the world is a worse place when Caps fans are happy.
totally misunderstood what i was trying to say. I've said already their fans shit on us and were happy when we lost in 2014 and 2015.
I hate seeing any team in our division win. The ones on here who are happy for the caps tonight good for them I just don't feel that way. I can't root for any team that hates us. NJ being number one

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I think Pierre is the only person alive that could have knocked that smile off Ovi's face. "When did you decide to become a more vocal leader," that's your question to him? What a moron...

"Alexander, up until this point you've been essentially a failure as a leader, what did you change about your awful leadership that eventually allowed you to lead this team to the Stanley cup just like Sidney Crosby and Kristopher Letang have 3 times before you did it once?"

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
totally misunderstood what i was trying to say. I've said already their fans **** on us and were happy when we lost in 2014 and 2015.
I hate seeing any team in our division win. The ones on here who are happy for the caps tonight good for them I just don't feel that way. I can't root for any team that hates us. NJ being number one
Fair enough. My bad if I misunderstood you, not reading clearly with how disturbed I am at the moment.

Sure, if you can stomach this, go for it, but I truly don't understand it.

Reactions: bl02

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
How can you not acquire a defenseman who's better than Luca motherf***ing Sbisa when you're a Stanley cup contender at the trade deadline?

GMGM deserves a lot of criticism for that. Nick Holden is easily more reliable than that dude.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I like your attitude. Optimism and hope. I mean why not.
Hey man what else do we have at this point? A quote from one of the greatest movies of all time "“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”

Reactions: trilobyte

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How can you not acquire a defenseman who's better than Luca mother****ing Sbisa when you're a Stanley cup contender at the trade deadline?

GMGM deserves a lot of criticism for that. Nick Holden is easily more reliable than that dude.
Guy was garbage and getting regular ice time until that super disastrous play. By then it was too late.I like Gallant but he was very bad this series. Terrible.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
When were they ever the bigger people?

Three times we knocked them out. Never "congratulations" or "good series." Not once. Always an excuse. Always they deserved to win. Rooted for NJ in 2012, rooted for Boston in 2013, rooted for Tampa in 2015. Hell, rooted for the Kings in 2014 when they didn't even make it.

**** those people. **** their team. **** their arena. **** their horn. **** their Stanley Cup. I'm going to the be the little person on this one because the world is a worse place when Caps fans are happy.
This. This. This.

Reactions: Machinehead

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Hey man what else do we have at this point? A quote from one of the greatest movies of all time "“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”
Watched Shawshank Redemption again for the umpteenth time last weekend. It gives you a good shot of 'good'.
That is how I feel about this new journey the Rangers are on. There will be some kind of important veteran presence added, I think. I like the young guys from what I've seen.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So whats next???? let me guess when the schedule comes out the Rangers will be in DC for the Championship banner to be raised lol

Reactions: FultonReed

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
So did the league mandate this whole thing where the team stands together and one by one the players go and do a U turn with the cup? The last few years that's how the celebration has gone. No more team lap. It sucks...

Also, anyone else love the irony of JR asking cap players what it feels like to win the cup

Roy on standby

Reactions: TheTakedown

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Something about W. Karlsson rubs me the wrong way. I dislike Orpik but man was I happy he clocked Karlsson after that goal. He seems to be the prototype douche weasel.

Reactions: TheTakedown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad