Around the NHL - 2018 Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Congrats to the Caps and especially Ovi. I’ve looked up to him and respected the hell out of him ever since he came into the league. He truly deserves this. No one can hate on him. An absolute beast and future hall of famer.

Our team had their battles and won a lot against them, but they finally did it and deserve it. Holby is a great dude and deserves it as well.

What a great run, and congrats to the fans who stuck by their team when Don Beaupre was their goaltender. Haha...

Sad that hockey is finished, September can’t get here soon enough.

Onward to the draft we go....

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I feel like Hank and Thornton are the only two from the old guard without a cup at this point. Of course it’s a Ranger...wouldn’t expect anything less.

Congrats to the Caps. Very well deserved - they were great.

Players that started in the league the same season as Hank that haven't won a cup include:
Hartnell, Nash, Bouwmeester, Koivu, Hamhuis, Vanek, Phanuef, Suter, Parise, Burns, Eriksson, Weber.

Obviously there's no names there as big as Hank or Thornton, but there are more 'big names' than I thought who it looks like won't get their name on a cup

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I swear, I get up in the middle of the night. Look at the score it's 3-2 Vegas and I'm like, yeah maybe we'll have a game on sunday. I get up an hour ago look at the score and for some reason Vegas won 5-4.

Now I'm awake and visit NHL.com and WSH won it ... crazy brain shit.

Big time "haha" in Machine's face for jinxing everything he touches. Which sucks bc he's a Rangers fan :cry:

Congrats Ovi and Backstrom!! They really deserved one.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
When were they ever the bigger people?

Three times we knocked them out. Never "congratulations" or "good series." Not once. Always an excuse. Always they deserved to win. Rooted for NJ in 2012, rooted for Boston in 2013, rooted for Tampa in 2015. Hell, rooted for the Kings in 2014 when they didn't even make it.

**** those people. **** their team. **** their arena. **** their horn. **** their Stanley Cup. I'm going to the be the little person on this one because the world is a worse place when Caps fans are happy.

It's not about when they were the bigger people. It's about when YOU were the bigger person.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Congrats to the Caps I guess. "Nice" for ovi to win one.

Of course the caps are going to the WH. Putin will make sure the Russians go, and where Ovi goes, so go the Caps.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Deleted member 23124

They were going to win one of these years. Good team with a generational player. It was going to happen, and Ovechkin deserves to win a Cup, so I'd prefer this win to Vegas with no elite players winning it.
I prefer this over Crybaby!!!

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
This sucks. I have a feeling that the only way Hank is going to get his name on the Cup is as Shesty's backup. Do backup goalies automatically get their name on the Cup when their team wins or do they have to play X amount of games in the playoffs?

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Happy for the Capitals.

Brian Macllellan, Ranger hero game 1 round 2 against the Caps 1986 playoffs wins a Cup as Caps Gm 32years later ! Teammates that year with George Mcphee, teammates on Bowling Green just a few before that.

#Rangerconnections
#curseofjohndruce

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not into the Caps. I never really liked Ovechkin and I detest both Wilson and Orpik. I don't care for the city either. Driving through it or even around it is a f***ing nightmare. So I don't really see any good to came out of this---though I wouldn't have been that pleased to see Vegas win either. One of those teams was going to win though but just keep in mind that when you say Alex Ovechkin--Stanley Cup Champion you have to say Tom Wilson--Stanley Cup Champion too.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
glad for the caps and ovie ...I have no ill feeling towards the caps, they deserved it and won it fair and square...may be if Henrik could of stopped that floating wrist shot from the blueline in game 3 of the ECF in Ot of 2015 then Henrik could have a cup as well. Feel bad for Henrik but he was never lights out in 2014 and 2015 when it was needed most. of course and extra goal here and there by the team in front of him would of helped as well.

Reactions: TheTakedown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad