Around the NHL - 2018 Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This is truly surreal even moreso than the Eagles winning the superbowl. Show me who thought the Caps would win before this season started??? Or even get to ECF

Reactions: TheTakedown

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
and he was probably one of the guys that help propel this team to another level. They never looked back after he made that play , hit and pass to lead to goal number one game 7 vs tampa.
Vegas was straight up afraid of him

No doubt he was very impactful (literally) for them in these playoffs.

I don't like his consistent dangerous, illegal hitting, but there's no debating his effectiveness in helping Washington win.

Reactions: bl02

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I don't know how seeing Ovi lift the cup can't put a smile on your face, guy deserves it more than anyone in the league not named Henrik Lundqvist or Joe Thornton.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
No doubt he was very impactful (literally) for them in these playoffs.

I don't like his consistent dangerous, illegal hitting, but there's no debating his effectiveness in helping Washington win.
Probably one of the bone crunching hits rendered Wild Bill completely rudderless for the finals. Guy was invisible

Reactions: TheTakedown

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't know how seeing Ovi lift the cup can't put a smile on your face, guy deserves it more than anyone in the league not named Henrik Lundqvist or Joe Thornton.

Thats why cause he deserves it more and the vitriol Opposing metro fans had for us in 2014 and 2015. and the satisfaction they had when we were eliminated. How can I as a die hard Rangers fan root for them.

Reactions: Doctor King Schultz

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Karlsson kind of receded but the Knights had the tables turned a bit on them in the final round. I never f***ing ever thought the Capitals could do this.
This is like a paradigm shift.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Is it bad that the only reason I'm really upset that the Caps won is that we were on their level but never broke through? I don't really hate them. I'd take 5 Caps wins in a row over 1 Pens win.

I do hate them, but yeah that's a huge part of it. They got it done and we couldn't. Huge slap in the face.

I'm at the point right now where if this league died tomorrow, I would smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->