Around the NHL - 2018 Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Well he's like the anti rebuild move but he's an elite winger.

We've got the assets to make it happen too. Maybe something around him and Hayes with more coming from our end obviously.

Edit: Maybe this is the dramatic shift Brooks was talking about that was needed to move Zucc!

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Ahhh....glitch finally over.

Someone posted about EK getting traded out of Ottawa. I don't think it's feasible because wouldn't they want a king's ransom for him? I don't think there are many teams wanting to give up that much for him at this point.

Reactions: bl02

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Well he's like the anti rebuild move but he's an elite winger.

We've got the assets to make it happen too. Maybe something around him and Hayes with more coming from our end obviously.

Edit: Maybe this is the dramatic shift Brooks was talking about that was needed to move Zucc!
I would give Hayes+Zucc+Namestnikov+Spooner + late first for him. He is that good, also young. Basically, he is perfect for us.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Ones an opinion. The other one IF YOU WATCH THE GAMES. Is a fact

No. Saying a player is lazy is also an opinion. Just because a player doesn't skate like a maniac, doesn't make him lazy. Different players have different styles. These are NHL players. They are the best in the world. Their stamina is higher than any other league across the globe. Don't confuse style with laziness. Oh, and using your own opinion and calling it fact is laughable.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
To me, Buchnevich didn’t look lazy. He looked lost.

Confused as to what was being asked. Scared one mistake was going to drop him into oblivion. Unsure of his abilities.

I’d put him at or near the top of the list of current roster players who has a chance to significantly benefit from a new coach.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018

Confused as to what was being asked. Scared one mistake was going to drop him into oblivion. Unsure of his abilities.

I’d put him at or near the top of the list of current roster players who has a chance to significantly benefit from a new coach.

Absolutely. Right behind him, i'd put Vesey and Brady.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

He openly admitted in an interview that he was scared to make mistakes under AV

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Did anyone listen yesterday to Patrick O’Sullivan on the NHL Network Radio yesterday? The Hoffman situation was more than just the crazy-assed fiancé. Hoffman was not liked in the locker room. O’Sullivan scoffed at the idea that Tallon and the Panthers did due diligence on Hoffman, saying it wasn’t possible to do that from a GM standpoint. He also called most GM’s clueless, and recalled his own situation as a rookie when LA management had him room with Sean Avery, a player he called the most selfish individual he had come across in hockey. In fact, at one point, the discussion with co-host with Scott Laughlin got very heated. All in all, it was can’t miss radio.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
No. Saying a player is lazy is also an opinion. Just because a player doesn't skate like a maniac, doesn't make him lazy. Different players have different styles. These are NHL players. They are the best in the world. Their stamina is higher than any other league across the globe. Don't confuse style with laziness. Oh, and using your own opinion and calling it fact is laughable.
Kevin Hayes is lazy most games too. Some players seem like they dog it.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Saw a note that Simon Depres wants to come back from the KHL. Coincidentally, I had just looked him up a few days ago. Before he missed significant time with a concussion he was a pretty good young defenseman. Worth a lottery ticket.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The Ottawa Senators reportedly plan on keeping the fourth overall pick in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.
As part of the Matt Duchene trade, the Senators have to give Colorado their first round pick in 2018 or 2019. It would be surprising if the Senators did decide to give the Avalanche the 2018 fourth overall pick to fulfill that pledge, but given that they just traded Mike Hoffman and might not be done selling veteran players, there is a real chance that their 2019 selection will be even better. In that sense, holding onto the 2018 pick is a risk, but it's one they seem set to take. It is worth noting though that Ottawa can make their decision at the last minute, so Colorado might still end up getting the fourth overall pick.
Related: Avalanche
Source: Chris Johnston on Twitter

Colorado should start printing their Jack Hughes jerseys.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

He looked a lot better and more confident at the start of the season and then as the wheels fell off around him, he got concussed, and the coaching staff leaned back on their vets, he looked as you say "lost".

Coupled with him saying AV never really even talked to him, I think you have a player who didn't know his role on the team or what the coaches really wanted him to do.

edit: Though that's not to say he doesn't have things to work on, just that in the second half of the season he definitely seemed to be unsure of his game

Definitely very interested to see how he does with a new coach who says he loves working 1 on 1 with guys

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Did anyone listen yesterday to Patrick O’Sullivan on the NHL Network Radio yesterday? The Hoffman situation was more than just the crazy-assed fiancé. Hoffman was not liked in the locker room. O’Sullivan scoffed at the idea that Tallon and the Panthers did due diligence on Hoffman, saying it wasn’t possible to do that from a GM standpoint. He also called most GM’s clueless, and recalled his own situation as a rookie when LA management had him room with Sean Avery, a player he called the most selfish individual he had come across in hockey. In fact, at one point, the discussion with co-host with Scott Laughlin got very heated. All in all, it was can’t miss radio.

I heard it and I agree. It got more heated than I have ever heard that show get

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Bettman kinda trashing the Sens for this drama is very interesting. The league won’t do anything about it though, so it’s a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad