Around the NHL - 2018 Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
can someone dig up that old picture of sather with the magician outfit and photoshop Doug Wilson's face so he has a new facebook profile picture ha

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
bLC1hJv.jpg

Senators jersey, Sharks background, and his actual team is now the Panthers. I hope that chick is worth it bro.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Sounds like the Sens are still itching to trade Karlsson as well

Not sure wtf they're going to end up doing. Their teams is going to be downright horrible next season if they trade all these guys. I can't see a return for Karlsson that's worth his value and what he brings to the team and you know Melnyk is going to be going for low priced guys over anything else.

Give their 4th overall to the Avs and keep their 1st next season and then tank like mad I guess?

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The Sens could very well be the worst team in the league next year. They would hate to give Jack Hughes to Colorado. I'd definitely give up their first this year.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The Sens could very well be the worst team in the league next year. They would hate to give Jack Hughes to Colorado. I'd definitely give up their first this year.
Probably wait until standing on the draft floor to do it, though.

Interesting. I wonder if Colorado is fielding calls just now to gauge the value of the #4OA in case they do wind up with it – and/or if it would make them more likely to trade the #16. I'd think an up and coming team like that would be interested in potentially leveraging their pick(s) into 1-2 guys who can help right now...

Reactions: jas

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013

They're forced to. This couldn't have worked out worse for them. Full-on worst-case scenario.

Wondering if Colorado makes the pick or tries to flip it for immediate help.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Interesting. I wonder if Colorado is fielding calls just now to gauge the value of the #4OA in case they do wind up with it – and/or if it would make them more likely to trade the #16. I'd think an up and coming team like that would be interested in potentially leveraging their pick(s) into 1-2 guys who can help right now...

I was wondering about that, too.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Its very interesting that Ottawa can wait until last minute to make that decision to throw that pick into the laps of the Avs. I guess the Avs have to do their due diligence and get ready to pick 4. This is gonna be one Very interesting draft.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
What are the Avs needs that might change things up? They have quite a few talented forwards so is someone like Zadina still the pick? Or do they go D with Hughes or Dobson or something?

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Its very interesting that Ottawa can wait until last minute to make that decision to throw that pick into the laps of the Avs. I guess the Avs have to do their due diligence and get ready to pick 4. This is gonna be one Very interesting draft.
Is this true? Is there no deadline prior to the draft that they need to meet?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

Not sure wtf they're going to end up doing. Their teams is going to be downright horrible next season if they trade all these guys. I can't see a return for Karlsson that's worth his value and what he brings to the team and you know Melnyk is going to be going for low priced guys over anything else.

Give their 4th overall to the Avs and keep their 1st next season and then tank like mad I guess?
Ottawa has gotten themselves into an impossible situation.

They're not going to be good anytime soon. The best thing for them to do for the long-term health of the team would be to trade Karlsson for the best return they can get and start to truly rebuild.

However, if they do that, their fans are going to riot.

So, so many of their moves have been made at the behest of their penny-pinching owner. You can blame the GM for making those moronic trades, but the motivation behind most of them has been to save money at the expense of team competitiveness.

Sprinkle in some bad luck with the Hoffman situation, and you have the makings of a disaster.

Also, Karlsson isn't re-signing with them, even after the Hoffman trade. I don't believe it for one second. He's already been on record that he isn't taking a hometown discount on his next contract.

They're going to end up giving a high lottery pick to Colorado next season.

They're having arena problems.

There's no light at the end of the tunnel for that franchise.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We need to find a dumb GM to give us an unprotected 2019 first round pick.
Calgary was the dumb team IMO. Dorion has made blunders but he did make this pick protected in the sense that he could opt for the Avs to take next years pick but obviously the way things are looking it may become disastrous if the sens aren't competitive next year.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What are the Avs needs that might change things up? They have quite a few talented forwards so is someone like Zadina still the pick? Or do they go D with Hughes or Dobson or something?
IDK but that Duchene trade is the gift that keeps on giving. They got talented players like Girard and Kamenev now they have the possibility of adding a Zadina...WTF! Not too mention other picks and first rounders like Bowers from ottawa.
Think about it. Zadina, Girard, Kamenev, Bowers and i think some other picks for Duchene.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->