Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Not sure if anyone watched the Carolina v Hawks game last night but there was a little shirtless boy pressed up against the glass that popped up and he had me dying for a bit. Kids are funny, I sit at the arena with a hoodie and jersey on and im freezing.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
I'm still will be heavily dependent on goaltending. If Allen doesnt get his head on straight then Johnson will have to become Hutton 2.0. Hes played two straight good games but I'm not sure he can carry them all season
Hes starting his 3rd game in a row. Allen has basically lost his starting job again.

Its amazing how the blues defense is good enough it can make career backups in elliot, hutton and johnson look amazing but allen still sucks behind them. Management needs to stop trying to force jake allen as a starter.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Hes starting his 3rd game in a row. Allen has basically lost his starting job again.

Its amazing how the blues defense is good enough it can make career backups in elliot, hutton and johnson look amazing but allen still sucks behind them. Management needs to stop trying to force jake allen as a starter.

Was just coming to post that Yeo is riding Johnson like a rented mule. With Yeo likely afraid for his job he'd better hope Johnson can hold up...

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Just like the Preds keep on finding defenseman gems after the 1st round, Sens keep finding forward gems. Batherson is literally Mark Stone's doppelgagner.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Tampa beat Pittsburgh 4-3

Point for Tampa scored a hat trick in 1:31 of playing time.

Goal 1 - 19:57 of first period (PPG)
Goal 2 - 0:41 of second period (PPG)
Goal 3 - 1:28 of third period (PPG)

All of the Tampa goals were scored on the PP, and in fact 6 of 7 goals in the game were scored on the PP.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Tampa beat Pittsburgh 4-3

Point for Tampa scored a hat trick in 1:31 of playing time.

Goal 1 - 19:57 of first period (PPG)
Goal 2 - 0:41 of second period (PPG)
Goal 3 - 1:28 of third period (PPG)

All of the Tampa goals were scored on the PP, and in fact 6 of 7 goals in the game were scored on the PP.

I watched most of that game- if you want to see the polar opposite of our PP, that was it. Good gracious their power play was a thing of beauty. 4/4 on their first 4 power plays (two of them were 5 on 3 though).

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I had asked earlier this year what the reaction will be when he asks for a trade. It's only a matter of time. He deserves to play for a contending team.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Some fascinating stats at the 20 game mark.

Mikko Rantanen has 32 points in 20 games. Unreal.

Morgan Reilly, Thomas Chabot, Brent Burns and John Carlson are all over a point per game as defensemen. I'd have said maybe two of those at the start of the year.

The central maybe a deeper division and have better teams, but the Atlantic has all the top end talent. They currently have 7 players in the top 10 for scoring. *5 players tied for #10.

Atlantic 7
Central 4
Metro 2
Pacific 1

Shockingly, McDavid does not lead NHL forwards in ice time. That title goes to Mark Scheifele who has a full :12 per shift longer. Kopitar is also ahead of McDavid by :07.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

Morgan Reilly, Thomas Chabot, Brent Burns and John Carlson are all over a point per game as defensemen. I'd have said maybe two of those at the start of the year.

The central maybe a deeper division and have better teams, but the Atlantic has all the top end talent. They currently have 7 players in the top 10 for scoring. *5 players tied for #10.

Atlantic 7
Central 4
Metro 2
Pacific 1

Shockingly, McDavid does not lead NHL forwards in ice time. That title goes to Mark Scheifele who has a full :12 per shift longer. Kopitar is also ahead of McDavid by :07.

That does surprise me. When I watch EDM games it feels as if McDavid never comes off the ice.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Atlantic 7
Central 4
Metro 2
Pacific 1

Per game ... not per shift. On a per shift basis, Ovechkin leads the league at 1:00 per shift.

Reactions: Roman Yoshi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad