Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Frankly it was screwed up before they got McDavid. That's the reason everyone rolled their eyes when they got him. It's also the reason I dont feel sorry for him, he is the one that signed long term with them.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Wrong guy fired in Edmonton. Or more precisely Peter Chiarelli sucks and should have been fired in addition to Todd. How do you not see that the league is getting much younger, much faster and much more offensive and sign Milan Lucic.... and trade Hall.... and draft poorly....and fail to fix goaltending... and..... and.....

As said above, it was harder to screw up than to build a dynasty around McDavid.
Eberle for Strome. Was he also Barzal for Reinhardt?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
How bout the Penguins?? Are now #29 in the overall standings. 1-7-2 last 10 games.

They have been as bad as the Blues and worse than the Hawks, two teams that have already fired their coach.

SO, you are saying they should blow it up. Phil Kessel?

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I think Chia's fall from grace started with the Seguin trade. If you watch the video tho, there were tons of worms in his ear about it.

Don't forget, he does have a cup. He almost had another. I just think he's been desperate to make a huge move to show he is still good which makes him make bad decisions

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Was unaware until just now that Wade Flaherty is the Jets goalie coach.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
You gotta feel for McDavid. That organization is rotten.
Weird to go back and look at the odds of winning the draft lottery that year. Edmonton only had the third best odds. The so called "McDavid Sweepstakes" leaders were Buffalo (got Eichel so whatever I guess) followed by Arizona, who ended up 3rd and got Dylan Strome. Point being, it's strange to wonder what would've happened if he went to Buffalo or Arizona like the numbers suggested.

If the numbers held up you likely would've had McDavid in Buffalo and Eichel in Arizona.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well, its Thanksgiving, and typically if you're in a playoff spot today you make the playoffs about 80% of the time.

In the West I think the top 8 right now likely are the 8 that make it, although Anaheim could certainly falter.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Well, its Thanksgiving, and typically if you're in a playoff spot today you make the playoffs about 80% of the time.

In the West I think the top 8 right now likely are the 8 that make it, although Anaheim could certainly falter.

I watched Hockey Guy on Youtube talk about this. Since 2013, every year at least 3 teams that were in a playoff spot on Thanksgiving eventually dropped out. In 2015 and 2017 that number was 4 and 5.

Anaheim has by far the poorest record of any team currently in the playoffs (9-9-5), and could easily be one of the teams that misses this year if say Edmonton starts winning more than losing.

Blues were #1 team in the West last season on Thanksgiving with the exact same record we have now and missed playoffs last day of the season. Putting this out there for two reasons:

A) to make fun of the Blues
B) as a word of caution that even though we're pretty likely to make the playoffs, shit happens.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Eberle for Strome. Was he also Barzal for Reinhardt?
actually it was the pick that became Barzal for Reinhardt. The Oilers traded their 1st round pick not knowing where it was going to be in the draft order or who the Islanders were going to chose. It’s like us saying Poile traded Karlsson for Pickard & Josi. In actuality he traded one pick for 2.

Oilers have 3 homegrown players drafted outside the 1st round on their team (Khaira, Broziak, Rieder)
Oilers also have only drafted like 2 20 goal scorers in 30 years outside of the 1st round.
Their scouting sucks!!

Think of it this way Predators have more 4th rounders they drafted on the roster (Smith, Ekholm, Arvy, Saros) than they have 2nd-7th rounders.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If I recall correctly, the second pick that was used to get Reinhart was Anthony Beauvillier. So, essentially it was Barzal + Beau for Reinhart.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Just heard Pete mention about Mick McGeough on the broadcast, I didn't know about this.

I remember seeing him at the arena a few years ago out in the hall, eating popcorn. Once one person finally realized who he was, a few started talking to him. He was really nice. This is sad to hear.

Regina’s Mick McGeough to be removed from life support after stroke

Damn, that's a shame. Guy got a lot of crap for the job he did as a ref but 62 is way too young to check out. Gods peace to his family

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
15 games tonight (only LA didn't play)

The home teams tonight were 13-1-1 with 3 shutouts.
The only thing that softened the saltiness of tonight was scoreboard watching and seeing Winnipeg blow a 2-0 lead in the 3rd... too bad they did it against the Wild...

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Just heard Pete mention about Mick McGeough on the broadcast, I didn't know about this.

I remember seeing him at the arena a few years ago out in the hall, eating popcorn. Once one person finally realized who he was, a few started talking to him. He was really nice. This is sad to hear.

Regina’s Mick McGeough to be removed from life support after stroke
i hate to be an ass but he was one of the worst refs of my lifetime.

that said, prayers to his family. no matter the profession, good or bad, i don't like seeing anyone dying at 62. RIP McGeough

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Sweep creeping jeepers...

Laine with a 5 goal night... I guess that's an "underwear trick "

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
A Finn Proper is leading the NHL in points, a Tavastian in goals and a Lapponian in save percentage.

Pardon my ignorance, I assume that a Lapponian is a person from Lapland rather than a herding dog? Is that somebody who isn't Sami?

I had to look up Tavastian on Google.

I know that Finland has a similar geologic history to Wisconsin, with glaciers, kettles, moraines and eskers. The southern part of Finland has a similar climate to Wisconsin with 100 days or so of winter. But I am at 43 degrees N versus those people at 60 degrees N Latitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad