Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
That Barry Trotz is a pretty damn good coach huh? Who had the Isles sitting 2 points out of 1st at this point in the season with that roster?
I don't remember which game I was watching early in the season where the commentator said Isles were his dark horse pick for playoffs. I want to say it was Mase, but since I often watch the feed of the opponent team and therefore listen to a lot of different guys, I'm not sure at all...

One thing I'm sure is that it wasn't Isles feed, because I remember thinking it sounds more convincing coming out of someone else's than Isles homer's mouth.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
the blues have sucked so far. i don't get why they can't score. 3 shutouts in their past 4 games.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Damn, was hoping they would've fired him after the games against us. Now we're gonna see one pissed off Blues team.

Dunno maybe they will be one relieved and happy Blues team. Yeo's system seemed stifling.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
How bout the Penguins?? Are now #29 in the overall standings. 1-7-2 last 10 games.

They have been as bad as the Blues and worse than the Hawks, two teams that have already fired their coach.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
the blues have sucked so far. i don't get why they can't score. 3 shutouts in their past 4 games.
I'd say the core is rotten, but they already over-hauled the core aside from Pietrangelo and Tarasenko. Fans say it's coaching, but that was the excuse when Yeo was brought in to replace Hitchcock. They look like a deep team on paper and they should improve, but I still don't see them as the #1/#2 seed people were calling them going in to the season.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
McLellan out in Edmonton

Hitchcock in.

Hitchcock, really? The dumbness of that organization is mind-blowing.

Personally, I don't think McLellan was never the problem but the way the team was built. It had nothing outside of McDavid, Drai and RNH. They should've built a speedy team around 97, but instead it was probably one of the biggest and heaviest team in the league. Add to that, they've already almost ruined Pulju.

Hitchcock might be the worst coach for a team, that should try to get younger and re-tool on the fly. Just like Quenneville is, and I get that they didn't hire him either.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Really I dont think the issue is the picks so much as the rest of the team they have tried to put around them.

They've had years to build a team with just early picks alone. Ten first top ten picks in the last twelve drafts ... including four #1 overalls in a six year span (with a #3 overall in there as well). That's not counting Pitlick, Rieder, Marincin, Riley Nash ...

They've had the best chance of any team to BUILD through the draft including a year with three picks in the first 21 slots. Failing to do so is at least as astounding as building a dynasty.

Reactions: Scoresberg

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Wrong guy fired in Edmonton. Or more precisely Peter Chiarelli sucks and should have been fired in addition to Todd. How do you not see that the league is getting much younger, much faster and much more offensive and sign Milan Lucic.... and trade Hall.... and draft poorly....and fail to fix goaltending... and..... and.....

As said above, it was harder to screw up than to build a dynasty around McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad