Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I keep seeing the media hype up this guy's 22-4-1 record last year in the KHL. They conveniently forget the team is he played for was 47-5-3!!! He split time with another goalie who has an equally ridiculous record, GAA and SV %. That said I hope he works out for the Oilers. Enough is enough for that franchise. That city deserves to see some good hockey teams. McDavid is the best player in the world and inept management are wasting years of his greatness.
Bugger that, says I. F EDM

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Tampa signed Gourde to an extension today. They are getting to Chicago like Cap Hell.

The XM peeps said when that extension kicks in next year they will have EIGHT forwards making over 4.5 million. And Point will go off his ELC after this year.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Tampa signed Gourde to an extension today. They are getting to Chicago like Cap Hell.

The XM peeps said when that extension kicks in next year they will have EIGHT forwards making over 4.5 million. And Point will go off his ELC after this year.
they better ditch stamkos before his suck hits another level

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
And both Varlamov and Smith played pretty terribly

It was Grubauer for Colorado but your point stands..

Just like with the Pickards and the Oreilleys, it looks like we got the wrong Pettersson brother...

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Stralman, Girardi and Coburn are all UFA's after this season. That's about 10+ million off the books if they let all of them go or trade them before that. Then they could also trade or buyout Callahan's 5.8 million to free up even more space. Should be enough to re-sign Point, Koekkoek, Paquette and maybe even sign a big name UFA.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Stralman, Girardi and Coburn are all UFA's after this season. That's about 10+ million off the books if they let all of them go or trade them before that. Then they could also trade or buyout Callahan's 5.8 million to free up even more space. Should be enough to re-sign Point, Koekkoek, Paquette and maybe even sign a big name UFA.

So they are gonna jettison 3 of their top 6 defense? I suppose if Sergachev and Keokkuk are legit top 4 they will be ok for another year

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Good point

Hard to believe he was 7OA pick. We get a 4th round pick this coming summer for him. With Poiles success with 4ths, there is a decent chance we get a better player than Willy out of the deal.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
So they are gonna jettison 3 of their top 6 defense? I suppose if Sergachev and Keokkuk are legit top 4 they will be ok for another year

Probably not all three, just throwing it out there as a possibility. Stralman I could see them keeping, though they have two good d-man prospects in the AHL in Cal Foote and Erik Cernak who could also play next season.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

They also have Vasy, Cirelli, Sergachev and Joseph coming up in 2020. Can't see them landing a ufa let alone a big one. They have to get rid of someone in that forward group but with their depth they'll land on their feet just fine.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah, I looked at the standings again...

Couldn't help but notice the Islanders are currently leading the Metro. And the Caps are in 5th.

Would be funny as all get out if somehow the Isles finished ahead of the Caps this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad