BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
keep in mind the Leafs added a big gun in Tavares so it's
Tavares & Muzzin
vs
Carlo

at least until Sweeney gets off his ass and addresses the gaps in this team's lineup that have existed since at least October.

They also lost JVR(30 goal scoring wing), Pleks, and Bozak who had a very good series against us last year, so that evens it up a bit. Although, the latter two probably equal our loss of Nash, and Nash.

Also, hopefully, McAvoy isn't skating on one leg again this year.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
She did a pretty good job I thought. Seemed well spoken.
She tried but randomly stopped mid sentence filled with ums.

Going into a commercial break she asked on mic how she was doing and Millbury or someone said she was doing fine.

Nerves perhaps but the entire thing felt forced. Before 1st intermission I thought they had a teenager on the broadcast for some reason.

It's not an easy job no doubt.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Seems like he is just joking around with her. Maybe to calm her nerves since she's going to be on live national TV for the first time as an analyst?

This is the feeling I got. He was not talking down to her(Don't think he meant to at least) but saw she was super nervous and looking around a lot before the camera time, so he was focusing her on the task at hand. Seen bosses do it with new employees, seen coaches do it with new players all the time.

Knowing what I know of Pierre I am willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He's not a jerk.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I would think that he just wouldn’t comment at all?

I think that if he was asked and refused to comment that would lead to speculation that there is dissension in the front office and if this guy wants any chance of keeping his job he certainly wouldn't want to be the source of that speculation, at least not publicly.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think that if he was asked and refused to comment that would lead to speculation that there is dissension in the front office and if this guy wants any chance of keeping his job he certainly wouldn't want to be the source of that speculation, at least not publicly.

So, if he doesn’t comment, he’s the source of dissension, but when he says he likes the deal, your response was “what’s he supposed to say”?

Sounds like he can’t win in your book regardless of what he does? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad