NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 V - Pens trade Brassard+ for Bjugstad+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Funny thing is, I was listening to a Leafs roundtable on radio last night (I usually avoid that), but 4 guys and not one of them thinks the Leafs have done enough to beat the Bruins.

Right or wrong they think the Bruins will be able to shut the Leafs offence down and that the Leafs need to add a forward with some grit to combat the Bruins defence. They also feel that adding Muzzin won't be enough to contain the Bruins top line, especially in Boston when the Bruins get last change and favorable matchups.

Leaf fan I come in peace. TBH Boston is in the heads of the Toronto Maple Leafs and in the heads of the Toronto fan base, your team is our Boogieman. You can see it in the way we retrieve pucks in the corners, the Leafs are simply intimidated by the B's forecheck. Our fan base despises your team like you guys despise Montreal. Our shooters can't figure out Halak, you have a tough as nails D, we have one tough as nails d-man, Muzzin. Our forward group is as skilled as any in the league but we are soft as melted butter. We don't have anywhere near as many gritty players as you guys do. I think we have more offensive skill up and down the line up but I think your teams overall make up translates better in the playoffs than ours does. IMO Bergeron is the most complete player in the league, he reminds me a lot of Yzerman. Plus you guys are willing to break the face licking barrier, we haven't quite reached that intensity yet.

To your point we need another power forward with skill, that plays more like a bowling ball than a winger. Our LW is possibly among the weakest LW, from a skill standpoint, in the league and another d-man with a similar skill set to Muzzin to be competitive against the B's. I like our chances more vs Tampa than vs Boston, for whatever reason we play better vs them.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Leaf fan I come in peace. TBH Boston is in the heads of the Toronto Maple Leafs and in the heads of the Toronto fan base, your team is our Boogieman. You can see it in the way we retrieve pucks in the corners, the Leafs are simply intimidated by the B's forecheck. Our fan base despises your team like you guys despise Montreal. Our shooters can't figure out Halak, you have a tough as nails D, we have one tough as nails d-man, Muzzin. Our forward group is as skilled as any in the league but we are soft as melted butter. We don't have anywhere near as many gritty players as you guys do. I think we have more offensive skill up and down the line up but I think your teams overall make up translates better in the playoffs than ours does. IMO Bergeron is the most complete player in the league, he reminds me a lot of Yzerman. Plus you guys are willing to break the face licking barrier, we haven't quite reached that intensity yet.

To your point we need another power forward with skill, that plays more like a bowling ball than a winger. Our LW is possibly among the weakest LW, from a skill standpoint, in the league and another d-man with a similar skill set to Muzzin to be competitive against the B's. I like our chances more vs Tampa than vs Boston, for whatever reason we play better vs them.

what`s this? A Leaf fan who has come on here, made some realistic assessments of his teams needs and hasn`t yet planned the parade down Yonge Street and has come on here to troll? Bravo, some good points, ironically, our "needs" also seem to be to acquire some more grit but grit who can also finish in the offensive zone

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
what`s this? A Leaf fan who has come on here, made some realistic assessments of his teams needs and hasn`t yet planned the parade down Yonge Street and has come on here to troll? Bravo, some good points, ironically, our "needs" also seem to be to acquire some more grit but grit who can also finish in the offensive zone

Uh why would I plan a parade that is already planned? :D BOOK IT!

Reactions: ODAAT

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Kendall Coyne Schofield, US women’s hockey national team forward and Northeastern graduate, was on the other side of the glass Wednesday night when she appeared as a guest analyst on NBC Sports’ “Wednesday Night Hockey”.

On the show, Coyne encountered some mansplaining from cohost Pierre McGuire during his “Inside the Glass” segment in the first period of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Tampa Bay Lightning game at PPG Paints Arena.

Mansplaining is defined by Merriam-Webster as explaining “something to a woman in a condescending way that assumes she has no knowledge about the topic.”

After a brief introduction, McGuire told Coyne which side of the ice the teams would be on. He then asked Coyne what she was expecting out of the game, and added “we’re paying you to be an analyst, not to be a fan tonight.”

Reactions: Over the volcano

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Kendall Coyne Schofield, US women’s hockey national team forward and Northeastern graduate, was on the other side of the glass Wednesday night when she appeared as a guest analyst on NBC Sports’ “Wednesday Night Hockey”.

On the show, Coyne encountered some mansplaining from cohost Pierre McGuire during his “Inside the Glass” segment in the first period of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Tampa Bay Lightning game at PPG Paints Arena.

Mansplaining is defined by Merriam-Webster as explaining “something to a woman in a condescending way that assumes she has no knowledge about the topic.”

After a brief introduction, McGuire told Coyne which side of the ice the teams would be on. He then asked Coyne what she was expecting out of the game, and added “we’re paying you to be an analyst, not to be a fan tonight.”

good lord he`s a toolbox

Reactions: JCRO and Alicat

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009

As well as this comment:

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I've always liked Malkin more than Crosby.

But he definitely gets away with a lot and only seems to really fight these types of players. Bergeron, Stamkos....

I like Malkin. Yes, he takes cheap shots and does dirty things. He slashes a lot.
But I like him anyway. He’s chippy and plays with an edge. Obviously his skill speaks for itself. He doesn’t fight a lot but he certainly can. If I could design a hockey player, it would be him...

Oh, is this not the Pens board?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Refs save Winnipeg. Tanev lost his stick on the PK, Tanev blocks a shot right in the back and refs blow it down.

I've seen a crippled Joe Corvo and Gregory Campbell on a broken leg not get the same whistle. Joke.

Reactions: RoccoF14

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Refs save Winnipeg. Tanev lost his stick on the PK, Tanev blocks a shot right in the back and refs blow it down.

I've seen a crippled Joe Corvo and Gregory Campbell on a broken leg not get the same whistle. Joke.
That was ridiculous...and then Connor scores ate to win it..thought Torts was gonna blow a gasket

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Brassard trade to the Panthers and Bjugstad goes the other way, there'a a couple of nice centers, that would of filled that third line spot nicely.

Looks like the Panthers maybe seeing the teams ahead of them can be caught and are trying to do something about it and the Penguins addressing some size issues

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Brassard trade to the Panthers and Bjugstad goes the other way, there'a a couple of nice centers, that would of filled that third line spot nicely.

Looks like the Panthers maybe seeing the teams ahead of them can be caught and are trying to do something about it and the Penguins addressing some size issues
I actually think FLA realizes they aren't doing anything this year, and are moving guys with term out to have cap space this summer for someone like Panarin.

I mean they moved a guy with term in Bjugstad out to take on Brassard and Sheahan, both of whom are UFA this summer. If they make a run now? Great for them, but it's all about planning for the offseason IMO.

Good deal for both teams IMO.

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->