NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 V - Pens trade Brassard+ for Bjugstad+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Adam McQuaid took another slap shot on the PK, this time his right arm. He had lost his stick (broken) and tried to block the shot with his body. He succeeded but man you could tell that one hurt. Former Bruin prospect Ryan Lindgren (sp?) made his NHL debut- took a slashing penalty because the Carolina player he was defending blew right by him (welcome to the NHL, kid).

Carolina looked really bad last night, Rangers went up 4-1 in the second when I finally shut it off.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Every time I see Vegas, I think how much I love a guy like Alex Tuch and wish we could have somehow grabbed him. Of course Vegas just signed him to a 7 year deal and he leads them in scoring so that ship has sailed. Big kid with very decent skating for his size. He'd be a superstar in Boston IMO.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Interesting in a train wreck sort of way?
It's pretty insightful.

They are intriguing the podcast and they're talking to Kristen Laviolette about how she helps the wives get acclimated to Nashville and also how the wives operate like a team instead of being catty etc.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Dallas - Management has done a great job putting all the blame on the players; but what about their rookie coach? Sure, retreads like Ruff and Hitchcock ultimately failed, but Dallas is in win-now mode. Chicago and the Rangers are in rebuilds, so newbie coaches learning the NHL ropes with young players is OK.

Dallas used to be one of the most entertaining teams to watch and now they are sleep-inducing. The run-and-gun style Ruff let them play was never going to bring playoff success. Hitch made Seguin more responsible defensively and the defense and goaltending have been remedied.

I know nowadays structure is vital; and I'm not saying Benn and Seguin are blameless, but it's frustrating for anyone in any line of work when their talents aren't utilized to their strengths.

For that team there is a happy medium, but they haven't found it. And that's also on the coach and GM, not just the two highest paid players.

I also wonder if Jamie Benn is feeling a bit like Dougie Hamilton. Looking at the cast of depth defensemen Dallas has auditioned, and considering the minutes Jordie Benn logs in Montreal, keeping him to maintain peace with their captain wouldn't have killed them.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's pretty insightful.

They are intriguing the podcast and they're talking to Kristen Laviolette about how she helps the wives get acclimated to Nashville and also how the wives operate like a team instead of being catty etc.
Do they talk about Hoffman's crazy wife and the Karlsson shit?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Do they talk about Hoffman's crazy wife and the Karlsson ****?
Nope.

They were focused in on what goes on in Nashville.

Essentially episode 1 was introducing themselves and then talking about their experiences when they first started dating their husbands and then got into how instrumental Lavi's wife was to their moves to Nashville and all she has done for the wives.

Next week they're talking to Melanie Collins who dates James Neal and who is a sports broadcaster and how she manages both career and supporting her partner.

Interesting tidbit is that Ekholm's wife was a full time sports journalist in Sweden for some time before she decided to give it up and move to Nashville.

It is a bit rough in spots so I know a lot of people will be turned off but I thought it was interesting to hear from the wives perspective.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's pretty insightful.

Not my cup of tea.

If I was a Preds fan, I would probably find it more interesting. Let me know when one of them lets it slip that she would like to live in Boston :laugh:

Reactions: Alicat

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Dallas - Management has done a great job putting all the blame on the players; but what about their rookie coach? Sure, retreads like Ruff and Hitchcock ultimately failed, but Dallas is in win-now mode. Chicago and the Rangers are in rebuilds, so newbie coaches learning the NHL ropes with young players is OK.

Dallas used to be one of the most entertaining teams to watch and now they are sleep-inducing. The run-and-gun style Ruff let them play was never going to bring playoff success. Hitch made Seguin more responsible defensively and the defense and goaltending have been remedied.

I know nowadays structure is vital; and I'm not saying Benn and Seguin are blameless, but it's frustrating for anyone in any line of work when their talents aren't utilized to their strengths.

For that team there is a happy medium, but they haven't found it. And that's also on the coach and GM, not just the two highest paid players.

I also wonder if Jamie Benn is feeling a bit like Dougie Hamilton. Looking at the cast of depth defensemen Dallas has auditioned, and considering the minutes Jordie Benn logs in Montreal, keeping him to maintain peace with their captain wouldn't have killed them.

I’m not sure I would categorize Dallas as “win now”?

They have a lot of key guys in their mid-20’s, Benn is 29, and A-Rad is 32. Their D core is pretty young.

I would say that they probably won’t go anywhere until they get their goalie situation squared away. Maybe they can make a play for Bob as a free agent?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
seeing a lot of people point out on twitter that William Nylander has as many points as Jaroslav Halak this season :laugh:

i didn't think Nylander would be worth that contract, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Reactions: BMC and minpind

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Nope.

They were focused in on what goes on in Nashville.

Essentially episode 1 was introducing themselves and then talking about their experiences when they first started dating their husbands and then got into how instrumental Lavi's wife was to their moves to Nashville and all she has done for the wives.

Next week they're talking to Melanie Collins who dates James Neal and who is a sports broadcaster and how she manages both career and supporting her partner.

Interesting tidbit is that Ekholm's wife was a full time sports journalist in Sweden for some time before she decided to give it up and move to Nashville.

It is a bit rough in spots so I know a lot of people will be turned off but I thought it was interesting to hear from the wives perspective.

Sounds like their target audience is women and women hockey fans. I was hoping for more :P

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I’m not sure I would categorize Dallas as “win now”?

They have a lot of key guys in their mid-20’s, Benn is 29, and A-Rad is 32. Their D core is pretty young.

I would say that they probably won’t go anywhere until they get their goalie situation squared away. Maybe they can make a play for Bob as a free agent?
They actually have the goaltending worked out with Bishop and Khudobin and their defense is vastly improved.

When Lites called out Seguin and Benn, E Friedman mentioned how the team's attendance is slipping, and they have only one playoff appearance in the last several years.

The pressure in Dallas will never be similar to that in Edmonton, but management has a similar playoffs-or-busy outlook on this season.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They actually have the goaltending worked out with Bishop and Khudobin and their defense is vastly improved.

When Lites called out Seguin and Benn, E Friedman mentioned how the team's attendance is slipping, and they have only one playoff appearance in the last several years.

The pressure in Dallas will never be similar to that in Edmonton, but management has a similar playoffs-or-busy outlook on this season.

The goaltending duo has been better this year, but I still don’t trust a Bishop/Doby tandem in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->