Around the NHL: 2018-19 - Trade Deadline 2/25 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Edit... had no idea the Ducks had lost 10 in a row...and yet are only one point out of a playoff spot. wowser

Not only that the Ducks also had a 6 game losing streak earlier in the year. So- separate 10 and 6 game losing streaks. About 40% of their season has been a losing streak

Just shows how hard it is to NOT be in playoff contention- lol

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Wild with a candidate tonight for maybe the worst game by any NHL team this year

Wild lose 5-2 at home to a Detroit team that came in 2-12 last 14 (one of those wins unfortunately over us- lol). But it was much worse than the score- were outshot 37-18 including a jaw dropping 30-7 in final 2 periods-

Yikes

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Minnesota, Colorado and Dallas all letting the Pacific also-rans (and even the Blues) have a glimmer of hope for a wild card spot. Chicago and LA are the only teams truly out of the race.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Apparently, Minn is the Jets kryptonite, they have beat the jets 3 straight times. Can't seem to beat anyone else, though

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Taking a little solace over todays midday turd by noting that the Isles are kicking the crap out of Tampa and Vasilevskiy

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Water under the bridge at this point but a hockey podcast I listen to (Spittin Chiclets) had an interview with a player on the Rangers and they mentioned Vesey a few times because they're friends. They were joking about the summer when he was the free agent when he left us (they didn't really care about our point of view which is understandable) and the guy on the Rangers was just like "Yeah Jimmy hated that whole process." Its now years after the fact but I took that to mean his family was basically telling him what to do.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
It's entirely too early to be looking ahead this far ahead but with the Pacific division taking the mantle of the hellish western division for the year, both the #1 and #2 in the central division looking good in terms of potential playoff matchups. Tough sledding for the 2 and 3 seed in the Pacific division, classic Central dilemma there.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Even more weird is that he has 11g this season and was traded for a guy who has played 1 NHL game and might do good to crack a 4th line

Yeah- from an Anaheim perspective I don’t get that trade at all- don’t know what in the heck they are doing

And Anaheim plays at Minnesota tomorrow- you just know Aberg is going to score- lol

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
From everything I've watched with Colorado, their defensive depth is finally getting exploited more. A lot of people are blaming the goaltending, but I think it has more to do with the guys who are supposed to be protecting the goal.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Colorado lost to Ottawa tonight, which makes it 10 losses in 12 games for them. They're now tied with Dallas for 3rd in the Central.

Yeah the last couple of weeks with the Anaheim free fall and Corado as well as general mediocrity by the Stars and Wild has reopened the playoff race for pretty much everyone but Chicago and LA. Blues are just 4 points out of a WC spot with games in hand on everyone in front of them.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Aberg was traded to the Wild.
Aberg just seems like a guy who "doesn't get it" I suppose. He has the skill, but not quite enough of it to get by with his lifestyle choices and work ethic? I dunno, he seems to flash just enough to get people interested/hopeful, but ultimately piss it all away. Some men you just can't reach, so you get... traded/waived. A lot.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Maybe this has happened in years past to certain teams with the new "bye weeks", but after tonight's game in Vancouver, the Sabres don't play until Tuesday after the All Star break. So 10 full days off.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Aberg just seems like a guy who "doesn't get it" I suppose. He has the skill, but not quite enough of it to get by with his lifestyle choices and work ethic? I dunno, he seems to flash just enough to get people interested/hopeful, but ultimately piss it all away. Some men you just can't reach, so you get... traded/waived. A lot.

Fiala without the points.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
From everything I've watched with Colorado, their defensive depth is finally getting exploited more. A lot of people are blaming the goaltending, but I think it has more to do with the guys who are supposed to be protecting the goal.

Girard is a very overrated Dman, to think that a supposed least valuable asset (Ottawa's 1st) during the trade is going to end up the best asset by far....

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Girard is still young. Haven't seen him play since he was traded, but from what I saw, he has all the tools to become a poor man's Josi. Top pair potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad