Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
When I went to bed last night we were 3rd in the division, and when I woke up this morning we were back down to 2nd wildcard spot (8th in East).

Tough division this year.

Member 308457

Scoring seems to be up this year. It might be artificial though, because the new goalie pad changes are really taking a toll on goalies. I see many more games with scores over 4 or 5 and goalies like Price struggling. It might be a good year for snipers like Skinner but you also may see many more goalie injuries. For NHL goalies, league's new pad restrictions are a real pain

Buttons85

RJ & Rayzor Fan Club
Jan 31, 2013
Austin, TX
When I went to bed last night we were 3rd in the division, and when I woke up this morning we were back down to 2nd wildcard spot (8th in East).

Tough division this year.
On the plus side...
upload_2018-11-11_9-55-58.png

But yeah, ick. All 4 teams above us are Atlantic.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Boston's shifted his usage pretty significantly over the last 3 seasons (more O-zone starts, less D-zone starts). Plus, his linemates from the last few seasons (Pastrnak and Marchand) are pretty all right.

Not to detract any from what he's doing---I freaking love Bergeron---just providing some context.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Erik Karlsson has no goals at all, and only 7 points through 18 games. He's a -10, and only 3 points -- all assists -- at even strength. On a far better team, to boot.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Watch Wilson go out tonight and accidentally trip someone and they go flying into the boards and get a concussion or broken collarbone.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014

Apparently the arbitrator didn't agree with Parros using a 3x vs 2x for being a repeat offender.

It all probably needs to be more codified, but that opens up a bunch of potential issues I'd imagine.

They should just codify the Giant Wheel of NHL Justice as the actual device they use. I say bring out the old wheel that gave the Sabres the #1 pick over the Canucks back when we came into the league.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This just in: an arbitrator has retroactively reduced Dale Hunter's 21 game suspension he received for his assault of Pierre Turgeon down to 14 games.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Kevbeau

Sponsor
Jul 11, 2006

Apparently the arbitrator didn't agree with Parros using a 3x vs 2x for being a repeat offender.

It all probably needs to be more codified, but that opens up a bunch of potential issues I'd imagine.

They should just codify the Giant Wheel of NHL Justice as the actual device they use. I say bring out the old wheel that gave the Sabres the #1 pick over the Canucks back when we came into the league.

Can’t argue with that math o_O

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I've been looking at some team stats from 'well coached teams'. The Sabres seem to be using shift lengths substantially longer than Toronto and Nashville. Eichel is averaging 0:56, that's way above players like Tavares, Matthews, Bergeron, or Scheifele. McDavid also clocks in at 0:56, but he probably shouldn't.

There's some statistics I've read that after 0:20-0:30 you're basically killing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad