NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don`t see the Jackets having a chance vs the Bolts but if there is an aspect of their game I do think would benefit the B`s if they get past the Leafs to face the Bolts is that Columbus won`t be like the Devils last year in the sense that they play a physical style where the Devils barely grazed a Bolts player so the series will be physically demanding

Obviously Tampa will be the heavy favorites but the Jackets have a lot better chance of upsetting the Bolts than the Canadiens do and besides anytime the Canadiens don't make the playoffs and get a mid to late round pick in the process is music to my ears, the only thing that would be better would be Bruins putting the final nail in the coffin or beating them in a playoff series.

The jackets also have the ability to physically punish and wear down the Lightning in a series, which would be huge if the Bruins get by Toronto.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
And people still use VCRs, have flip phones and wear mullets.

My point is in organized sport, 2019, fighting shouldn’t be allowed, but it is and like I said I love it, but you have players fighting now that quite frankly suck at it. Sets up for some issues. Again I’m not going to any rallies to abolish it, just don’t care anymore if they get rid of it
I wish this was in the fighting thread, but... You're right that players that suck at it are doing it. This is where we could win with intimidation with a tough, fighting team like 2011. I doubt any team has come into Boston fearing a fight, in 2011 I am sure they did.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wish this was in the fighting thread, but... You're right that players that suck at it are doing it. This is where we could win with intimidation with a tough, fighting team like 2011. I doubt any team has come into Boston fearing a fight, in 2011 I am sure they did.

That 2011 team was far more than just intimidation.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
And people still use VCRs, have flip phones and wear mullets.

My point is in organized sport, 2019, fighting shouldn’t be allowed, but it is and like I said I love it, but you have players fighting now that quite frankly suck at it. Sets up for some issues. Again I’m not going to any rallies to abolish it, just don’t care anymore if they get rid of it

Flynn loves the code

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/flynn-weegar-did-everything-by-the-code-1.1280526

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Honestly, i think the Habs would make the Lightning work harder that the Jackets. Just wondering how much Columbus wants this?
They have sure looked disinterested at times lately haven’t they ? Torts has to be losing his mind in the dressing room after that first period .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad