Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Tomorrow Habs and CBJ, loser goes home.

Not really but winner takes control.

Habs final 5 games are really tough:

Clb, Win, TB, Wsh, Tor

Clb is 2pts back but has a game in hands, has the tie breaker and an easier schedule.

Hopefully they get in. Rather have Clb or Car playing TB than a cream puff not good Habs team.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yeah its time has passed which is why dudes is still fighting

And people still use VCRs, have flip phones and wear mullets.

My point is in organized sport, 2019, fighting shouldn’t be allowed, but it is and like I said I love it, but you have players fighting now that quite frankly suck at it. Sets up for some issues. Again I’m not going to any rallies to abolish it, just don’t care anymore if they get rid of it

Reactions: Dr Hook

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Not really but winner takes control.

Habs final 5 games are really tough:

Clb, Win, TB, Wsh, Tor

Clb is 2pts back but has a game in hands, has the tie breaker and an easier schedule.

Hopefully they get in. Rather have Clb or Car playing TB than a cream puff not good Habs team.

Well for sure it doesn't guarantee anything but it is a pivotal game.

Agree, 100% about CBJ playing Tampa. They are a bruising team. Would be the perfect team to soften up a few of Tampa's players that need it most .

If they play the Habs it's like a free pass in that sense.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Philly still wins.

Tavares with one of the worst shootout attempts of all time.
I was concerned about Tavares on this play. How would he react? Would he be sad, mad, frustrated? Would he lose the will to play?

Then I remembered where he plays now, and felt better for him. Word is the appreciation "you're a good person with value" rally planning is already in the works. Toronto fans are gonna stand behind Johnny Pajamas through yet another emotional hit.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
damn well it should be the 1-up!

The power-up is more recognisable to the casual (Mario, not hockey) fan, though. They could use the one-up when pulling their goalie... although that might help the opposing team too much :laugh:

(Sounds in either situation could theoretically help either team depending on other variables, though I’m not sure how much they hear of it compared to a goalie whacking their stick on the ice/goal posts)

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This will be an enjoyable game to watch. Hoping Columbus puts it to them, as I want them to be the Lightning first round opponents. The Bob can steal a series and he's been playing Great as of late.

I`m torn, for as much hatred as I have for the Habs, I think I`d thoroughly enjoy them getting in, having their draft pick slip lower and meanwhile getting annihilated by the Bolts and eliminated quickly

I`m also one who, for some odd reason, would like to see the Jackets not make the playoffs but I think this is more because that it gives me ammo for my long belief that the team that makes the most noise at the deadline and acquires the big name more often than not doesn`t win it all so there`s that:laugh:

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I`m torn, for as much hatred as I have for the Habs, I think I`d thoroughly enjoy them getting in, having their draft pick slip lower and meanwhile getting annihilated by the Bolts and eliminated quickly

I`m also one who, for some odd reason, would like to see the Jackets not make the playoffs but I think this is more because that it gives me ammo for my long belief that the team that makes the most noise at the deadline and acquires the big name more often than not doesn`t win it all so there`s that:laugh:

Too me its all about the Bruins and whats better for them and I would much rather see Tampa play Columbus.

Columbus as the eight seed could upset anyone. They have the goaltending, their skilled and tough. If the Lightning draw the Blue-Jackets they'll come-out of it knowing they were in a series, Montreal on the other-hand, not so much.

As far as the Canadiens having the 16th overall pick or the 17th, I could care less either way they'll probably get the guy they want either way and with the bruins drafting at 31 they will draft a better player anyways.:DD

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
And people still use VCRs, have flip phones and wear mullets.

My point is in organized sport, 2019, fighting shouldn’t be allowed, but it is and like I said I love it, but you have players fighting now that quite frankly suck at it. Sets up for some issues. Again I’m not going to any rallies to abolish it, just don’t care anymore if they get rid of it

that`s a good point Lou, you look at most of these kids coming up, let`s say having played in the CHL where all 3 leagues have really made an effort to curb the scraps. Most of them get to the pro`s not really knowing how to chuck them but more importantly, how to protect yourself in a scrap if your in trouble.

I love a good tilt, problem is, those are few and far between these days and the majority of those scraps have 0 impact on the game itself contrary to the belief held by many

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Too me its all about the Bruins and whats better for them and I would much rather see Tampa play Columbus.

Columbus as the eight seed could upset anyone. They have the goaltending, their skilled and tough. If the Lightning draw the Blue-Jackets they'll come-out of it knowing they were in a series, Montreal on the other-hand, not so much.

As far as the Canadiens having the 16th overall pick or the 17th, I could care less either way they'll probably get the guy they want either way and with the bruins drafting at 31 they will draft a better player anyways.:DD

I don`t see the Jackets having a chance vs the Bolts but if there is an aspect of their game I do think would benefit the B`s if they get past the Leafs to face the Bolts is that Columbus won`t be like the Devils last year in the sense that they play a physical style where the Devils barely grazed a Bolts player so the series will be physically demanding

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
I don`t see the Jackets having a chance vs the Bolts but if there is an aspect of their game I do think would benefit the B`s if they get past the Leafs to face the Bolts is that Columbus won`t be like the Devils last year in the sense that they play a physical style where the Devils barely grazed a Bolts player so the series will be physically demanding
Canes have now played themselves into the equation . If the Caps beats the Canes tonight and the Habs top Columbus the stinking Habs jump to the first wildcard spot .

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad