Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-3-11_21-40-3.png

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I have to admit, CBJ going all in the way they did was not something I understood. It seemed more like a pipe dream than increasing chances for Cup run.
My view on it was that they knew they were going to lose Panarin (and so did every other GM), so they had no leverage in the trade market, so this was them trying to get the most they could out of a roster that was going to have some turnover this summer. not what I would have done, and I could be way off base.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have to admit, CBJ going all in the way they did was not something I understood. It seemed more like a pipe dream than increasing chances for Cup run.

Because they are losing their 2 best players on July 1st they decided to go for it.

Fans here are fearing the worst now.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Because they are losing their 2 best players on July 1st they decided to go for it.

Fans here are fearing the worst now.
'
It just reeks of "make the masses happy by making them think we did everything we could to bring them a Cup so they keep forking over their money to us" to me. They have no legit chance of getting out of the Conference, I don't think so anyways.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Blowout loss. Gotta run to post the Matthews goal on the main board.

They gave up one of the worst short handed goals I've ever seen. Tampa gets possession and 4 Leafs lazily change out leading to a 3 on 1.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
My view on it was that they knew they were going to lose Panarin (and so did every other GM), so they had no leverage in the trade market, so this was them trying to get the most they could out of a roster that was going to have some turnover this summer. not what I would have done, and I could be way off base.
If you are off base, than I am too.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Man , Torts has to be losing his mind over CBJs play since the trading deadline . They should not have been buyers in my opinion

When you have a superstar without his name on the dotted line with free agency looming and potential to fetch you a Kings ransom and you hold onto him to compete vs 15 other teams with just 1 prize (if u get in)it is really foolish buisness.Getting what they deserve.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Morgan Rielly with a homophobic slur directed at the ref tonight, should be interesting. It was clearly audible. Called him a f##&ing f@##ot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22Brad Park

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Here is the longer version, with the hook/non call - really not a hook and they are already on the PP.
Wonder how the media will dance around that in Toronto. Can you even imagine if Marshy said that. Notice the whining about a non call twice in this extended video, nothing about the slur. This play was a short handed 3 on 1 goal with a horrible line change.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The NHL is aware of reports that a homophobic slur was used during the Maple Leafs-Lightning game. The League is investigating the incident and will have no further comment until this investigation is completed

from NHL PR

I dont think it was him. The mics rarely pick up things said that far from the glass. It was probably someone in the stands and a terrible coincidence. But it's a brutal world we live in and even if I'm right there will now forever be a cloud over the guy because we all rush to judgement on every little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->