NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
A CJ led team not performing at the end of the regular season to secure a playoff berth.

Never seen this story before....

#thankgodhesgone

In all seriousness, it’s essentially becoming a trademark of Julien teams. He nearly did it three seasons in a row with the Bruins (he only missed doing it a third time because he was fired) and now is doing it with the Habs. I know they are not a great team at all on paper, but they were in very good position for quite some tine, even temporarily being ahead of the Bruins and Leafs not long ago.

Reactions: Strafer

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Bergeron was -28 in 2006-2007, was he terrible defensively then or on a bad team?
He wasn't great. He even admitted it. Came out of that season saying he wanted to change the focus of his game as it had gotten away from him.

Certainly wasn't a Selke contender, I can tell ya that.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

I want to be mad that they drafted Frederic instead of Debrincat but then I realize he'd probably have been traded for not backchecking hard enough by now if the Bruins had drafted him

Reactions: Pia8988

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
A lot has been said about the Habs this season. Many say they overachieved. I disagree. I expected them to be just on the outside of a PO spot and it seems that that is exactly where they will end up.

Because they had such a poor season last year many are surprised by the "progress" when the truth is they progressed little. One must remember that last year they had Price playing at a very sub-par level not to mention a ridiculous amount of injuries. Then when it was clear the season was lost, they used what ever excuse they could think of to sit out as many key players as possible . This allowed for a high draft pick and a lower finish making this year seem like a huge improvement which it's really not.

The only real improvement is that they're playing a more exciting brand of hockey for their fans but this teams success comes down to Price playing at the level he can and a super healthy team. Little in the way of real improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad