NHL Around the NHL: 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It's a nothing to lose trade for both teams. Strome had been pure ass in Edm and Spooner had been crap in NY this season. Spooner has more upside at this point in his career than Strome just based on his speed and offensive ability. No risk trade for either team.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I know he was injured for a bit. His speed will be an advantage to that lineup. He can easily play with McGod, this could work out for them. Not a bad gamble, we know Spooner has a high hockey IQ at playing a fast give and go game and can play at speed. As long as they do not expect him to get the puck, maybe put Looch with them.

Cholowski has been really good for the Wings, knew he was going turn out better then Fabbro, so over-rated.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I remember there was a couple week span during Pasta's rookie season where the third line was Lucic-Spooner-Pasta, and that line played pretty darn good. Always wished we could've seen more of it. Chia's now got 2/3 of that line back together.

Reactions: Spanky185

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
I remember there was a couple week span during Pasta's rookie season where the third line was Lucic-Spooner-Pasta, and that line played pretty darn good. Always wished we could've seen more of it. Chia's now got 2/3 of that line back together.

The line that Claude decided to break up for no reason

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Oh my lord. Talk about over valuing a player.
Spooner is a very good power play guy. If they have him on pp1 I can see him racking up points. Maybe not 65 but I don't think he's as bad as hes looked in ny.

Still a downgrade for the oilers. Since chia has gotten there he's been patching bullet holes with Band-Aids.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Jason gregor a local oiler talk show host likes to research certain types of things... including who plays with who

in lucics last 2 years here in boston spooner was his top linemate according to the research Gregor was able to find. im pretty shocked by it as I would have bet odds on the answer being krejci

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Jason gregor a local oiler talk show host likes to research certain types of things... including who plays with who

in lucics last 2 years here in boston spooner was his top linemate according to the research Gregor was able to find. im pretty shocked by it as I would have bet odds on the answer being krejci
Agreed. Wonder what his source was.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Grrr, stupid Tampa. If they weren't going to lose they shouldn't have given a point to philly :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad