NHL Around the NHL: 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
RFA's getting paid won't be the leading cause of a strike.

As well, much rather pay productive RFAs than just rewarding longevity and dumping money on UFAs. July 1st, where only disasters are created.
Yup. The money is shifting to the younger guys and it will be a pain for GMs for a while until the brunt of the "old" contracts are expired.

The Backes-type deals will be history, at least for term. I'd be very surprised to see 30-something UFAs getting signed to more than 3/4-year deals going forward as those are the deals that kill a cap when the second contracts are exploding and the game gets too quick for older legs. That being said you should never underestimate the stupidity of NHL GMs, so I'm sure someone will sign Jason Spezza to a 6-year, $6 million per deal in the summer.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
matthew Tkachuk might just become my favorite player since terry oreilly

kid doesn't play on top line... agitates almost in the brad marchand level... is just 20 years old and has 25 points so far in his first 21 games this year

im not sure if he will hit ufa in 4 years but this is going to be one hell of a contract sitatuon to look at this summer

his dad was a bit of a contract issue a couple times... I could see matthew wanting 10 mill and I can see him being worth it too. but how do you do that with johnny hockey is at 6.75

these second term contracts for guys like him... drasailt… nylander… Matthews... and some others is going to be why a labor shut down is coming with the next cba.

but wow... what a great great player. I shall cheer for both him and his brother to end up as bruins just as I was always wishing his dad would

{yes I once proposed a joe thornton for keith Tkachuk and Jeremy roenick idea here}

been a fan of the way this family plays hockey for a long long time

Kid's a player. But I'm on the fence in regards to whether I can appreciate what he does.

If he's consciously winding players up and drawing reactionary penalties for the good of the team, then he's great. But if he's just doing it to be a punk, then no thanks. My guy feeling is that it's the former but only time will tell.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad