NHL Around the NHL: 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
How does Chia sleep at night, man? First Segween, then Hall. The holy triad will be complete when he trades McDavid for Josh Manson. Then he'll sail off into the ocean, never to return.

I'm really surprised he still has a job.

I mean you can add to that the Eberle for Strome deal and then trading their 1st round pick on draft day in 2015 to the islanders (Mathew Barzal) for Griffin Reinhart. Perhaps Chia had an eighties flashback and thought he was trading for Paul Reinhart.

On top of that for a guy who came into this league known as a Capologist, has done just the opposite. He's totally has mismanaged his cap.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
There's no way Chia should still have a job, he's a total joke of a GM.
Todd should be fired as well. I would guess that the team has stopped playing for him.

I would make PC trade Lucic, even if they retained 50%, that's space for a middle 6 winger or an upgrade on defence.
I would then fire PC the day after the trade along with Todd.
I would hire JQ who was recently let go in Chicago to be the coach. I'd sniff around and see if Yzerman was interested, if not, Coffey or Gretz.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That'd be a "no" from me....

Yeah, big time no. He isn't worth near that, as good as he is. We have three better forwards as it stands making a lot less than that, four if you include Krejci who I am not sure I would trade one for one for Skinner. He might have been a nice add for us this season, but resigning him at that price would have been prohibitive.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm really surprised he still has a job.

I mean you can add to that the Eberle for Strome deal and then trading their 1st round pick on draft day in 2015 to the islanders (Mathew Barzal) for Griffin Reinhart. Perhaps Chia had an eighties flashback and thought he was trading for Paul Reinhart.

On top of that for a guy who came into this league known as a Capologist, has done just the opposite. He's totally has mismanaged his cap.

Seguin :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Just an incredible save by Price against Ovi with 2 secs left in the game. Would have been the game winner and hat trick for Ovi. Save was so good Ovi applauded it and went over and bumped gloves with Price. Pretty cool stuff.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
matthew Tkachuk might just become my favorite player since terry oreilly

kid doesn't play on top line... agitates almost in the brad marchand level... is just 20 years old and has 25 points so far in his first 21 games this year

im not sure if he will hit ufa in 4 years but this is going to be one hell of a contract sitatuon to look at this summer

his dad was a bit of a contract issue a couple times... I could see matthew wanting 10 mill and I can see him being worth it too. but how do you do that with johnny hockey is at 6.75

these second term contracts for guys like him... drasailt… nylander… Matthews... and some others is going to be why a labor shut down is coming with the next cba.

but wow... what a great great player. I shall cheer for both him and his brother to end up as bruins just as I was always wishing his dad would

{yes I once proposed a joe thornton for keith Tkachuk and Jeremy roenick idea here}

been a fan of the way this family plays hockey for a long long time

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
matthew Tkachuk might just become my favorite player since terry oreilly

kid doesn't play on top line... agitates almost in the brad marchand level... is just 20 years old and has 25 points so far in his first 21 games this year

im not sure if he will hit ufa in 4 years but this is going to be one hell of a contract sitatuon to look at this summer

his dad was a bit of a contract issue a couple times... I could see matthew wanting 10 mill and I can see him being worth it too. but how do you do that with johnny hockey is at 6.75

these second term contracts for guys like him... drasailt… nylander… Matthews... and some others is going to be why a labor shut down is coming with the next cba.

but wow... what a great great player. I shall cheer for both him and his brother to end up as bruins just as I was always wishing his dad would

{yes I once proposed a joe thornton for keith Tkachuk and Jeremy roenick idea here}

been a fan of the way this family plays hockey for a long long time

RFA's getting paid won't be the leading cause of a strike.

As well, much rather pay productive RFAs than just rewarding longevity and dumping money on UFAs. July 1st, where only disasters are created.

Reactions: maxbme
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad