Around the NHL 2017-2018 Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
De Haan and NYI agreed to last minute deal before arbitration. Have to think that makes him prime trade bait. Holland needs to be all over that.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
De Haan and NYI agreed to last minute deal before arbitration. Have to think that makes him prime trade bait. Holland needs to be all over that.

It only makes sense if

1) Wings are in or close to a PO spot(unlikely IMO)

and/or

2) there's a very good chance of him re-signing here(no clue)

Otherwise it'd be just a waste of assets. DeHaan likely won't come cheap in a trade.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Is it wrong to hope the medical tests come back clear and Chicago gets put into an ugly spot with Hossa's deal not being eligible for LTIR?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Necas made the Canes opening night roster... wasn't expecting that.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Eichel got an 8 year/10 million dollar contract totaling $80 million

Ehlers got a 7 year/6 million dollar contract totaling $42 million

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Where did you head it was temporary?

Didn't hear anything, I'm just basing it on his physical (im)maturity and the fact that he's lining up where they're hit by injuries. They can give him some decent minutes for a longer look right now so they're taking the opportunity.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Watching McDavid play hockey is truly amazing... Just an incredible player.:popcorn:

Yep. I'm rooting for him to put up points like we haven't seen since the early 90s. I wanna see over 130 points again, and if anyone can do it McDavid can. He may be the most exciting hockey player to watch ever.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I still hope Eichel is better than Matthews especially with Matthews winding up in Toronto.

Would love to see McDavid and Matthews battling it out each year when he goes to Phoenix after his second contract.:nod::naughty:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I still hope Eichel is better than Matthews especially with Matthews winding up in Toronto.

Would love to see McDavid and Matthews battling it out each year when he goes to Phoenix after his second contract.:nod::naughty:

even if Eichel is better, good luck fighting the tide of Toronto Media.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
even if Eichel is better, good luck fighting the tide of Toronto Media.

Well Eichel and Matthews are actually going to have to go through each other. I am pretty excited for that to happen a few times.

People can long for McDavid versus whomever. But as a USA hockey fan the chances our the best two American players of this generation are going to be heads up a lot. Unfortunately they are in our division as a Wings fan. But as a USA hockey fan I think long-term this could be huge for the sport. The guy that plays in an American market might actually be lucky in terms of the coverage he gets in the US. I think one of the interesting things facing the league right now is that of the big four kids only one plays in the US right now, my guess is that is causing some angst at NBC.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The blue jackets dmen are so much better then ours

I hope Larkin can will werenski over here a long time from now

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
vegas wins their first game. neal is going to get them a good return at the trade deadline

also, title of this thread needs to be renamed. not the offseason no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad