Around the NHL 2017-2018 Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Stamkos and Kucherov are lighting up the league. Wow, just like last season before Stammer went down. I hope he can stay healthy and prevent Chicago, Pittsburgh from winning a cup.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Stamkos and Kucherov are lighting up the league. Wow, just like last season before Stammer went down. I hope he can stay healthy and prevent Chicago, Pittsburgh from winning a cup.
If they traded Killorn I would totally be okay with them winning the cup.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If they traded Killorn I would totally be okay with them winning the cup.

I know if he was on our team we would like him.... But not really a big fan of a lot of the hitting Palat does either... But Boyle not being there certainly makes them less annoying.

Cedric Paquette isn't one of my favorites either now that I think about it. So there are still a couple on top of Killorn that I don't really care for.

It is fun to watch them paste Pittsburgh though. I am a really big fan of Kucherov, Hedman and Vasilevsky. I have always liked Callahan and Stamkos.

Oh wait we totally are forget about Kunitz, I hate that dude.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Yeah I just don't like Killorn, mostly because he has a punchable face on top of being a shit disturber. Sedgewick Packet doesn't bother me, boyle didn't, kunitz nah

I also dislike stamkos' face lol, don't dislike him though. For some reason it reminds me of brad marchand's face, but with less annoying eyebrows

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I know if he was on our team we would like him.... But not really a big fan of a lot of the hitting Palat does either... But Boyle not being there certainly makes them less annoying.

Cedric Paquette isn't one of my favorites either now that I think about it. So there are still a couple on top of Killorn that I don't really care for.

It is fun to watch them paste Pittsburgh though. I am a really big fan of Kucherov, Hedman and Vasilevsky. I have always liked Callahan and Stamkos.

Oh wait we totally are forget about Kunitz, I hate that dude.

I give Kunitz a slight pass since he played for Ferris State, but I'll say he's much easier to stomach when he's not in a Pens uniform. This is not a great upgrade, though. Hawks/Bolts may have been the most nauseating Cup Final in my lifetime. Tampa and their bandwagon fanbase has always rubbed me the wrong way. Gahhh!

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
2 more assists for Stamkos. 20 points in 10 games. 17 assists. Never been a big fan of his but its pretty cool seeing him rebound like this. Kooch helps but I do love seeing him somewhat reinvented.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
looks like Knights don't know what to do with Vadim Shipachyov . He is 30 , never played in NA , but was very good center at KHL . Do you think it worth it to take risk to dumb some salary for him or something like Tatar + 3 round for Shipachyov + 1st rounder

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah we still need to move Tatar or nyquist for anything. Have needed to do it for a while now.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
amazing how terrible buffalo still is after years of tanking/being horrible and even getting one of the best prospects in the last 10 years in eichel

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
amazing how terrible buffalo still is after years of tanking/being horrible and even getting one of the best prospects in the last 10 years in eichel

I’m working on a thread comparing us with the other teams I consider to be re-building, and yeah...

It’s crazy how shallow Buffalo is with defenseman. After Risto and McCabe they really have nothing (except maybe Guhle).

Although I will tell you I think Casey Mittelstadt is going be a hell of a player.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I’m working on a thread comparing us with the other teams I consider to be re-building, and yeah...

It’s crazy how shallow Buffalo is with defenseman. After Risto and McCabe they really have nothing (except maybe Guhle).

Although I will tell you I think Casey Mittelstadt is going be a hell of a player.

I have always been a big McCabe guy.

It is really stunning to watch Buffalo. I like a lot of the younger core there. I like them a lot, it sort of bothers me that they aren't doing better at this point. Though here is an interesting thought, remember who I thought the Sabres should pick as the best forward in 2014. How different does that team look with Draisaitl instead of Reinhart.

Yes I know that the pick that was expected was Reinhart, but even back to the draft I was a Draisaitl is the best forward in their class person.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I have always been a big McCabe guy.

It is really stunning to watch Buffalo. I like a lot of the younger core there. I like them a lot, it sort of bothers me that they aren't doing better at this point. Though here is an interesting thought, remember who I thought the Sabres should pick as the best forward in 2014. How different does that team look with Draisaitl instead of Reinhart.

Yes I know that the pick that was expected was Reinhart, but even back to the draft I was a Draisaitl is the best forward in their class person.

I was also a big fan of Draisaitl. I know they’re young still, but I thought at least one of the Sam’s would be good. Both having rough seasons so far.

Mittelstadt is super skilled though, I think in a few years he’s going to take off.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
arizona gets their first win of the season. Saves detroit the embarrassment of losing to a team that is on a 10 game losing streak

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I thought Draisaitl was a bad pick, so what do I know.
Eichel is a bit overrated. He's a good young player, but there was talk during that year that he might be better than McDavid, and that's clearly nowhere near the case.

The Sabres need a coach. A real coach. A proven head coach.
That means firing Housley.

That's a good lineup.
Kane Eichel Pominvell
Poulioit O'Reilly Bailey
Okposo Reinhart Girgensons
whoever

The D is pretty mediocre
Ristolianen
Beauliou
McCabe
Gorges
Antipin

Bogosian's return should help them out a little bit.

Even with a weak defense, that group up front should get things done.

That's a pretty good group down the middle with some size and skill on the wings.
SCandella

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
3 game losing streak and the toronto media is already questioning babcock's lineup decisions. You're not in detroit anymore babs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad