Around the NHL 2017-2018 Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
That fresh thread smell. Vegas is going to get Svechnikov next year and there's nothing we can do about it. Funny that they're deliberately icing the worst defense in the league and we are accidentally icing the second worse.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
They could have made their defense better than ours if they wanted, which is sad.

I honestly think they will still be better than us. Even if they land Svechnikov...I'll be happy with Dahlin :yo: or well, as of now.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
They could have made their defense better than ours if they wanted, which is sad.

If they decided to "go for it" and didn't take deals and trade players, they could have made a team in better shape than the Wings. At least in the same class.

But they decided to entirely build for the future than be just barely good enough to maybe squeak into the playoffs. That sounds nice. A fan can dream.

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
I'm really curious how the bottom teams are going to look at the end of next season and where the Wings finish.

-Arizona got significantly better.
-Vegas will finish close to us if not better.
-Dallas got Methot on defense and Bishop in goal.
-Hischier makes the Devils lineup and improves them enough to pass us in the standings.

-Buffalo has a new coach and gm. Unsure about them.

-Pettersson isn't making the show for Vancouver for a few seasons.
-Makar probably isn't enough to make Colorado better immediately even if he makes the team.

Free agency might change it up a bit and I hope Holland isn't able to sign anyone that ruins our chances of a higher pick in the next draft.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'm really curious how the bottom teams are going to look at the end of next season and where the Wings finish.

-Arizona got significantly better.
-Vegas will finish close to us if not better.
-Dallas got Methot on defense and Bishop in goal.
-Hischier makes the Devils lineup and improves them enough to pass us in the standings.

-Buffalo has a new coach and gm. Unsure about them.

-Pettersson isn't making the show for Vancouver for a few seasons.
-Makar probably isn't enough to make Colorado better immediately even if he makes the team.

Free agency might change it up a bit and I hope Holland isn't able to sign anyone that ruins our chances of a higher pick in the next draft.
Vegas will be absolutely terrible. Only team that can contend with Colorado for worst in the league. If exactly zero things go right for us we can potentially finish 3rd worst.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Vegas will be absolutely terrible. Only team that can contend with Colorado for worst in the league. If exactly zero things go right for us we can potentially finish 3rd worst.

I agree with this

Vegas will be and should be the worst in the league

Detroit and vancouver will challenge Colorado for second worst

New Jersey will be slightly improved

Nobody else comes close apart from lottery luck (philly)

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks Vegas still has more potential to be better than us?
A million things can happen..They could even have a fluke type season like the Panthers and crush it right away.

I don't blame VGK for building for the future. What would your opinions be if they landed Marleau/Thornton and a guy like Shattenkirk? Now, that's like 100% pure speculation but they have a GM willing to make trades and an owner that's clearly willing to spend. They also stocked up picks over the next 2-3 years.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Vegas has some really nice pieces, they did quite well the past couple weeks. It'll be fun for that fan group the next few seasons as their prospects and young players really start growing into their own. Have they mentioned who they plan on being their Captains and Alternatives?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Vegas has some really nice pieces, they did quite well the past couple weeks. It'll be fun for that fan group the next few seasons as their prospects and young players really start growing into their own. Have they mentioned who they plan on being their Captains and Alternatives?

I think it's going to be engelland.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I agree with this

Vegas will be and should be the worst in the league

Detroit and vancouver will challenge Colorado for second worst

New Jersey will be slightly improved

Nobody else comes close apart from lottery luck (philly)

Who were last years teams that rode hot goaltending and an unsustainable shooting % that will come back Earth this season? There's always one.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Who were last years teams that rode hot goaltending and an unsustainable shooting % that will come back Earth this season? There's always one.

Minnesota and cbj were the luckiest teams. And both are fringe playoff teams without luck most likely

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Minnesota and cbj were the luckiest teams. And both are fringe playoff teams without luck most likely

Minnesota wasn't lucky. I watched them a lot this year. They aren't a top team, but literally their only weakness is lack of elite scoring.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Minnesota wasn't lucky. I watched them a lot this year. They aren't a top team, but literally their only weakness is lack of elite scoring.

I'm just saying luck as in they really weren't a top team in recent years and now they are they very well could be. I like cbj more then Minnesota

If they are both top teams the luckiest was Anaheim or Toronto actually and neither were very lucky (Toronto with injuries was though)

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Good. I like Svech but I think some people are too stuck on the brothers Svech idea.

#AllinForDahlin

I'm starting to make my list. There's another brother duo I have in mind. Draft eligible in each of the next 2 drafts, Quinn and Jack Hughes. Quinn maybe even with a 2nd, and Jack with a lottery win in 2019.

If our next 2 1sts were Dahlin and Jack Hughes.... *drool*

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Good question

I'm In the east it's Toronto I think that may pull a Florida or Colorado in that they made playoffs before anyone expected only to fall back following year

Columbus is a damn good team

Philly, carolina and the Isles will be better in my opinion

In the West I don't see much of a change except I think Dallas is way better then their draft position would say

Vancouver, Arizona and Colorado will all still be bad with Vegas in there as well.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
vancouver is basically the wings of the west. it will be interesting to see which team actually commits to a full rebuild first

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Landon Ferraro just got re-signed in Minny

Don't know how to do a twitter so I just kinda copied/pasted

Ferraro's contract with #mnwild is worth 700K in the NHL with a 425K guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad