Around the NHL 2015-16: Part VII - Campy McCamp Face Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Any interest in claiming Viktor Svedberg for organizational depth? Or is that frowned upon as bad form if an acquiring NHL team can't guarantee a waived AHL'er / tweener he'll be carried up with the acquiring NHL team a decent amount for the season?

I'd take a shot and put him in the mix with Falk & Nelson for the 7th D slot.

They need a little depth. Don't they have to put him on the roster if they claim him? Or does he just get placed on waivers again?

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
LaxSabre - The game was played in London, Ontario so chances are both teams were confused who was actually the road team and only brought their whites.
Update - Looks like the Florida equipment guy was confused as Florida was listed as the home team for the game.

I put a spring bantam team together in 2015 and had to pick a jersey color. The league was being absolutely no help, so I picked this god awful bright gold. I thought, who'd pick this color? There were literally 3 other teams with the exact same shirt color. Had to bust out the pinnies.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
They need a little depth. Don't they have to put him on the roster if they claim him? Or does he just get placed on waivers again?

A player added on waivers is placed on the active roster. He can be promptly re-waived for the purposes of minor league assignment though. If he were waived again then claimed by Chicago (and only Chicago, with no other team placing a claim) they could assign him to the AHL without needing to put him on waivers again.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Vesey stops..pivots towards the boards...

That's on him

Gudas could have easily let up, he could see him turning before he leaned in for a hit. Either way, Gudas is still a ********* that shouldn't be playing in the league.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Vesey made a dumb move, and Gudas could have laid off a bit. These days, right or wrong, D-men have to learn to lay off on those just from a practical perspective. I know that thinking is beyond Gudas though.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
You seem to be mixing the 2015 and 2016 Draft Classes....

If Lehner is a legit #1 for the Sabres, he's worth missing out on White and Konecny.

The Sabres could have had Kylington instead of Guhle. But, the Guhle pick is looking good, too.

And Chychrun vs Nylander has been beaten to death. Plus, it's waaay too early to judge that one. Just as it's too early to judge Montreal taking Sergachev with JC on the board. Or Carolina taking Bean or Boston taking McAvoy.

I wasn't playing a "vs" and I was spreading it out over two years. I like GMs who aren't afraid to jump up and grab a player falling. Like us trading our first this year plus to jump up and grab a falling Chychrun. We can always get back in the first at the trade deadline if that is what is important.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports - Jets Drew Stafford crashes hard into the boards after hit from Senators Mike Blunden and is going to room for further evaluation.
Jets F Drew Stafford is out with an upper-body injury and won't return. Was hit late in first period and crashed hard into boards.

@NHLJets - Drew Stafford will not return to tonight’s game due to an upper-body injury.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports - Jets Drew Stafford crashes hard into the boards after hit from Senators Mike Blunden and is going to room for further evaluation.
Jets F Drew Stafford is out with an upper-body injury and won't return. Was hit late in first period and crashed hard into boards.
@NHLJets - Drew Stafford will not return to tonight’s game due to an upper-body injury.

Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports - "I don't think it's overly significant. We will get some tests done. For now, he's day-to-day." #NHLJets HC Paul Maurice on Drew Stafford.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I agree with giving Gudas a penalty even though Vesey deliberately turned his back when he saw he would likely be hit. But I just hate that humping the boards crap we see all the time--hit me if you dare....This dump and hump--euphemistically called "cycling" has little entertainment value as the players press their faces to the boards like monkeys at the bars looking for bananas. Anyone with face to boards for more than 3 seconds should get a delay of game penalty. Anyone who deliberately turns back while on the boards to avoid being checked should get 10 minute misconduct for unsafe play. It will not happen of course....

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wasn't playing a "vs" and I was spreading it out over two years. I like GMs who aren't afraid to jump up and grab a player falling. Like us trading our first this year plus to jump up and grab a falling Chychrun. We can always get back in the first at the trade deadline if that is what is important.

The problem is that you have 0 evidence that a deal like that were even possible.

The only trade that did happen prior to the Coyotes making the deal with Detroit at 16 which they used on Chychrun was the one where the Devils gave up a 3rd to Ottawa to move from 11 to 12.

I don't believe anyone in the top 15 was willing to trade their 2016 1st for a 2017 1st and something else like a 2016 2nd.

Plus, Murray likely has more faith in this year's team and he hopes to be a buyer at the deadline and not a seller. So, he wants his 2017 1st in the event that the team is in the playoff hunt and he can add a player at the deadline.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Not sure I get this, Arizona is prepared to pay the salary of a player on LTIR for pick/player?

Maybe just saying they'll be a cap team/not on an internal budget. You only really get the full LTIR relief if you're at the cap when you place the player on LTIR, so if they're saying they're prepared to use LTIR this season then they're effectively just saying they're going to spend closer to the cap and aren't just using the injured players salaries to reach the floor.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Not sure if it was posted anywhere yet but Hodgson has officially retired. I'm sure everyone is surprised.

Does anyone else remember a poster on here who posted very regularly during Hodgson's last year, starting many heated discussions over him? Huge Hodgson supporter, repeatedly opined that Cody was given a bum deal by Buffalo. His name had "Mike" in the title.

Did you also notice that he completely stopped posting the day Hodgson was traded? At the time I thought "this must be Hodgson himself or a family member because this is the only Hodson defender left in the universe," and his absence all but confirms it. :sarcasm:

It's still a conspiracy theory I'm working on. There are rumors of a "second poster."

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Yes, Vesey stopped and turned away...

But Gudas moved left as he approached the boards, away from his original skating line, after Vesey stopped and turned. He also lowered his shoulder to get Vesey in the nameplate. He was clearly in control of what he was doing, and could have avoided contact in that manner and/or reduced the severity of momentum behind that contact. He's also had a chronic history of such hits, legal and not legal.

As for the proposal to penalize offensive players for turning toward the boards on such plays, I think I'd buy into that as long as they are similarly free to elbow, high-stick, and butt-end defenders.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-la...me-owner-denies-floating-fakes-173737853.html

Las Vegas NHL owner Bill Foley has decided on a team name.

“We have registered the three names related to Knights,†Foley said. “(They’re) Desert Knights, Silver Knights and Golden Knights and we have clearance on those names and we picked one of them.â€

When asked to give some clues on which one of those three he picked, Foley chuckled and said, “I can tell you it’s going to be one of those three names.â€

The holdup now has to do with the team’s color scheme and how Foley’s vision will look on a jersey. Foley hopes that the team will have an announcement in early-to-mid November.

I hope it's not Golden Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad