Around the NHL 2015-16: Part VII - Campy McCamp Face Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

At 6 feet 5 inches and 235 pounds, Buffalo Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner is big even by National Hockey League standards, able to block much of the net by using his bulk. Yet he has noticed during the past several seasons that his counterparts tend to eclipse the net, too. “I know what all the goalies around the league look like with their pads on,” Lehner said. “Some of the small guys look the biggest.”

The reason - supersize and layered equipment. “A guy that’s 175 shouldn’t have a chest protector where he looks like he’s a 350-pound guy,” Lehner said. “I don’t think anyone should have pants underneath their pants. There’s goalies that have pants underneath their pants. That’s a fact. People in the league know it.”

Rest Of The Article - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/06/s...k-the-goalie.html?smid=tw-nytsports&smtyp=cur

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
First Taylor Hall and now Yakupov. Can we get first dibs on McDavid?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Russell signing with Edmonton. One year, $3.1m.

So we are really going to roll with Justin Falk as our fourth LD?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
A bit surprised St. Louis was the team that went for Yak. Hopefully he can turn things around a bit.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He should have been our pick, and it's no slight to Nylander who I actually like a lot. He just would have filled a massive organizational need for us.

Totally. It's not a slight to Nylander to say we had both an positional need and an NHL-ready need that he doesn't fill. He might end up being the 'better' player in the long run, but only marginally if so.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
If Nylander can be ready to go as a legit top sixer in two years, he could be priceless elc star power.

Serg would be so useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad