Around the NHL 2015-16: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
If Vesey does go to the Bruins, will Harrington pop a vein?
Boston has always been the logical UFA destination for Vesey IMO, so idk why anyone would pop a vein .. if we traded a pick for his rights to negotiate or were reported to be on his final shortlist of teams, then maybe it would be a little disappointing, but as of now, it's just grasping at straws.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Boston has always been the logical UFA destination for Vesey IMO, so idk why anyone would pop a vein .. if we traded a pick for his rights to negotiate or were reported to be on his final shortlist of teams, then maybe it would be a little disappointing, but as of now, it's just grasping at straws.

It's Harrington, he is constantly grasping at straws, often straw(men) of his own creation.

Clock

May 13, 2006
I hope Keith gets 8 or more.

Maybe the league is going to treat this one specially given the email leaks.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Two games. Whip-ty-freaking-doo.

Granted, if he was Radko Gudas, this isn't even a penalty.

Despite numerous dangerous plays by many players over the years (Chara vs. Pacioretty/stanchion, Lucic vs. Miller, Wideman vs. referee Hendersen, etc.), Gudas is on a very short list of players I just want banned/gone for good. He makes dangerous-but-legal, or more frequently illegal, plays resulting in injury with such regularity it makes me wonder if an outright decapitation would receive a suspension by the DoPS, also known as the Department of Protecting ****-heads.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So I've been tempted to tweet at McKenzie all night "Hey, maybe the guy who hit Shawn thought he was smug and had it coming too?"

Not sure why I'm so riled by those emails, but he's deep into my ****list which... given my history is very much Fredo territory. I'll pay attention to the things he breaks but thoughts on him as a person are certainly in the "dead to me" category.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
So I've been tempted to tweet at McKenzie all night "Hey, maybe the guy who hit Shawn thought he was smug and had it coming too?"

Not sure why I'm so riled by those emails, but he's deep into my ****list which... given my history is very much Fredo territory. I'll pay attention to the things he breaks but thoughts on him as a person are certainly in the "dead to me" category.

Maybe he just does it because lots of the other guys in the NHL front office do, so it's his way of being on their good graces and getting inside info?

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011

Agreed completely. Very few people came out of those emails looking decent.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I think most people would be disappointed in the majority of people they knew if they had access to their emails.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I think most people would be disappointed in the majority of people they knew if they had access to their emails.

As someone who's in IT and has seen a ton of the email traffic in all of the companies I've worked for, I've never seen anything as bad as some of the stuff here, especially at a higher management level. You might get sales guys ************ with customers or personal emails with some crude stuff, but legit work emails like these? I honestly can't say I've ever seen any as bad.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
As someone who's in IT and has seen a ton of the email traffic in all of the companies I've worked for, I've never seen anything as bad as some of the stuff here, especially at a higher management level. You might get sales guys ************ with customers or personal emails with some crude stuff, but legit work emails like these? I honestly can't say I've ever seen any as bad.

these are emails that guys in good ole boys clubs send to each other

not surprised in the least that the biggest good ole boys club in the world talks to each other like this

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
these are emails that guys in good ole boys clubs send to each other

not surprised in the least that the biggest good ole boys club in the world talks to each other like this

That circle exists in pretty much every organization on the planet.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
"Ghost is a stupid and wussy nickname, Chimera should've hit him even harder for it."

- Colin Campbell

Hey, you're pretty good at that. Want to be Twitter trolls with me? You can be the Campbell to my Mckenzie.

"Give the rookie a game for showing off like it's his first butt end. Kid was too good for UMASS so you better make it two--he deserved it anyway."
-BM

Megaera

Apr 12, 2006
New York City
As someone who's in IT and has seen a ton of the email traffic in all of the companies I've worked for, I've never seen anything as bad as some of the stuff here, especially at a higher management level.

Seriously, stuff like this is why you pick up the phone if you have anything you want to say that you wouldn't want to be public knowledge (as a result of, say, discovery in a lawsuit). I have to think that management in any organization with a legal department gets told that.

I'm guessing this is what the members of the NHL old boys club like Campbell write even with that knowledge because they don't see what's wrong with it. Which just makes it worse.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010

Actually, the people I work with are smart enough not to put material like that in written form. If someone want to look at my work e-mails, all of them, they are welcome to do so... once they are available to the public.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Got Mirtle tweeting at me for a comment I make to Baker. Well now... I think I'll enjoy my morning coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad