Around the NHL 2015-16: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Everyone is entitled to make the decisions that are best for them, but being honest about your intentions reflects integrity. If Vesey (maybe influenced by family) jerked them around, with no apparent benefit as he could become a free agent regardless of being traded, then that's pretty crappy.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Yep, I don't see the thin thread Harrington is trying to draw that the Sabres have any chance in that race.
Does Vesey work out with Eichel's group in the summer? Played for Bylsma at Worlds? Was either of those the grasp? I think Boston (hometown team, buddy Grzelcyk's their prospect) is the favorite now, followed by Toronto, and then legitimate contenders that have a spot for him.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Does Vesey work out with Eichel's group in the summer? Played for Bylsma at Worlds? Was either of those the grasp? I think Boston (hometown team, buddy Grzelcyk's their prospect) is the favorite now, followed by Toronto, and then legitimate contenders that have a spot for him.

Yeah, I've always pegged the Bruins as the leader for Vesey's services. I have to believe both Vesey and his father understand the bad optics of Jimmy signing with the Leafs. The scrutiny would be intense, and the number of people who'd revel in every little failure would increase tenfold. If he signs with the Bruins, I think people would understand; he's a Massachusetts kid born and bred, and he was good enough to pick his destination - I don't like it, but I get it.

Ryan Donato (Harvard) is also a Bruins prospect, and, of course, Harvard coach Ted Donato is a former Bruin.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah, I've always pegged the Bruins as the leader for Vesey's services. I have to believe both Vesey and his father understand the bad optics of Jimmy signing with the Leafs. The scrutiny would be intense, and the number of people who'd revel in every little failure would increase tenfold. If he signs with the Bruins, I think people would understand; he's a Massachusetts kid born and bred, and he was good enough to pick his destination - I don't like it, but I get it.

Ryan Donato (Harvard) is also a Bruins prospect, and, of course, Harvard coach Ted Donato is a former Bruin.
If Boston/Grzelcyk stall with their ELC though, then maybe the Eichel/E-Rod BU connect gives BUF a little more juice in trying to get them as a duo. (Grzelcyk is a diminutive offensive LHD, think Krug-mold.) /grasping

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yep, I don't see the thin thread Harrington is trying to draw that the Sabres have any chance in that race.

Step 1: make something up that the Sabres will try to do
Step 2: they don't do it because he made it up in the first place
Step 3: write a hit piece calling them incompetent because they didn't succeed at the thing he made up

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-got-wrong-yakupov-start/

Nine to two.

It was Friday, June 22nd, 2012. The 30 National Hockey League teams were gathered in Pittsburgh for the draft, and the Edmonton Oilers already so adept at collecting the first overall draft pick that they had developed an internal protocol. At the Friday morning meeting of the scouts and front office personnel, then general manager Steve Tambellini would tell the scouts who the team would be choosing later that night.

But that morning proceeded strangely. Head amateur scout Stu MacGregor would ask the scouts to vote, and then he would leave the room. He’d come back with some alternate criteria to describe the type of player the Oilers wanted to choose, and they’d vote again.

Every time, the vote came back the same. Nine votes for defenceman Ryan Murray, and two for Nail Yakupov. Truth be told, one of those Yakupov votes had started as a vote for Alex Galchenyuk, then morphed into support for Yakupov.

That is crazy

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Toronto tampering? How can we get in on this? Can JT Compher go back to school next year so GMTM can sign him next summer?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I wonder how many leafs fans have their top line of Vesey-Stamkos-Matthews penciled in for next year

Edit: After reading the leafs board, a shocking number of them do. :laugh:

1. Tank
2. Sign everyone
3. ???
4. Stanley Cup

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Time to get out the wheel of player safety...
That one might be worthy of an in-person hearing. Yikes.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
This is a case in which the player's history (or lack thereof) should be completely disregarded.

I don't think it's a stretch to say he shouldn't be allowed to play anymore this season. I know it won't happen, but that's one of the most blatantly dirty plays I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad