Around the NHL 2015-16: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I'm sure most of us have played sports with a complete airhead, someone with a lot of athletic ability, but that has no clue how to function properly within that sport, no matter how much coaching they get. Yakupov is that guy. It's not a lack of effort, buy saying it's a lack of hockey IQ doesn't do it justice.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I can see Edmonton trading Yakupov to Washington for 1st Round pick + Tom Wilson plus whatever else.

He's not even worthy of a second round pick. He has no defensive game, and he's a bust. He's a reclamation project. You're basically giving up an already better player (Wilson) and a 1st round pick for an offensive only low hockey sense player. I really hope Washington does that :)

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
He's not even worthy of a second round pick. He has no defensive game, and he's a bust. He's a reclamation project. You're basically giving up an already better player (Wilson) and a 1st round pick for an offensive only low hockey sense player. I really hope Washington does that :)

...he's 22. His rookie season:

48 GP, 17G, 14A

He's proven he can produce.

He's alot more proven than Drouin.

He's a young player that is begging for some leadership and direction, something he isn't getting in Edmonton. Put him on Detroit or Washington and watch score 30.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I can see Edmonton trading Yakupov to Washington for 1st Round pick + Tom Wilson plus whatever else.

Doubt anyone offers a 1st for Yak at this point, let alone +. He's a reclamation project. He's still a disaster defensively, and he's not really good offensively either.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

48 GP, 17G, 14A

He's a young player that is begging for some leadership and direction, something he isn't getting in Edmonton. Put him on Detroit or Washington and watch score 30.

For argument sake, has he produced to that level since. You can look at several indicators and saying he'll put up stats based on a different team is all speculation. That asking price is a laugh.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Doubt anyone offers a 1st for Yak at this point, let alone +. He's a reclamation project. He's still a disaster defensively, and he's not really good offensively either.

Pretty much, my point is that I could see Edmonton trying to get Tom Wilson.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

48 GP, 17G, 14A

In ES Pts/60:

2015-16
Drouin: 1.66 [Primary pts/60: 1.38]
Yakupov: 1.16 [Primary pts/60: 0.67]

2014-15
Drouin: 1.95 [Primary pts/60: 1.25]
Yakupov: 1.19 [Primary pts/60: 1.08]

There isn't a single GM who'd take Yakupov over Drouin if given the choice. Yakupov isn't good defensively, he's not good in a forechecking role, he brings no physicality, and he doesn't make players around him better. He's a one-dimensional player who isn't very good at that one dimension.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I can't tell if Harrington is trying to say the Sabres should be a front-runner for Vesey or that he'll be upset if Vesey chooses another destination.

If Vesey does go to the Leafs, there will be some calls of tampering, that's for sure.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
I can't tell if Harrington is trying to say the Sabres should be a front-runner for Vesey or that he'll be upset if Vesey chooses another destination.

If Vesey does go to the Leafs, there will be some calls of tampering, that's for sure.

Hopefully if Vesey goes to the Leafs Harrington goes to the press conference and never comes back to Buffalo.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Man I just wish they'd go on record stating the long term risks of getting punched in the head...then go about getting back to letting players decide the risks they want to take and give us hockey back.

I'd just like to add, that picture is hilarious. Looks like Bettman is getting completely ignored while he tries to make some huge point :laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Yep, but the Leafs will just trot out Lou Lams to give his DGAF routine. It sucks, because Vesey is going to either the Leafs or Bruins. Essentially a free 1st round pick (value-wise) for one of our division rivals.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yep, but the Leafs will just trot out Lou Lams to give his DGAF routine. It sucks, because Vesey is going to either the Leafs or Bruins. Essentially a free 1st round pick (value-wise) for one of our division rivals.

Yep, I don't see the thin thread Harrington is trying to draw that the Sabres have any chance in that race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad