Around the NHL 2015-16, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Mcdavid gets 3 points including a good goal after being injured for like 3 months

I wanna buy a mcdavid jersey :cry: He's gonna be better then whatever Crosby was supposed to be :laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Mcdavid gets 3 points including a good goal after being injured for like 3 months

I wanna buy a mcdavid jersey :cry: He's gonna be better then whatever Crosby was supposed to be :laugh:

Yeah, that loser Crosby. Only 5th all-time on the career PPG list. And 7th for playoffs.

I'm not a huge fan of Crosby's, but he's had an incredible career so far that lives up to his draft billing. Swap him on a team like Chicago or LA and his legacy would look different in the eyes of many. Pittsburgh hasn't build great rosters around him and Malkin.

taliababa

Jun 4, 2009
Yeah, that loser Crosby. Only 5th all-time on the career PPG list. And 7th for playoffs.

I'm not a huge fan of Crosby's, but he's had an incredible career so far that lives up to his draft billing. Swap him on a team like Chicago or LA and his legacy would look different in the eyes of many. Pittsburgh hasn't build great rosters around him and Malkin.

He disappears all too often during the playoffs.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

He was supposed to break Wayne's records :laugh:

Also Crosby can't play with skill for some reason. Only grinders

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
New Leafs' logo.

Said on TSN there are 13 veins above Toronto for 13 Cups, 17 veins in total for 1917, inaugural season and 31 points on the Leaf for 1931 the year Maple Leaf Gardens was opened.

logos_b-w_620x350.jpg

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Ummm Hossa?

Also nobody is going to break Gretzky's records, so that's not a slight on Crosby.

Hossa is probably the only one and he's not just pure skill on offense

And no nobody probably will but he won't come anywhere close

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada

I dont like using this stat until players careers are over, they're bound to drop in the final years of playing. That said guys had an amazing career

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I dont like using this stat until players careers are over, they're bound to drop in the final years of playing. That said guys had an amazing career

Sure, he may drop, but what more could you want for pace at this point in his career? He's been the best of his peers since entering the league, which is what that stat means. Jamie Benn might be the new hotness for a year or two here, but Crosby will finish the season with over 700 games. That puts him in the same boat as Forsberg, Orr, and Bossy (all also in the top 10 ppg).

Just for comparison, there are 4 active guys in the top 50 for career PPG.

Crosby, 1.330 - 5th
Malkin, 1.181 - 14th
Ovechkin, 1.163 - 16th
Kane, 1.002 - 50th

He's was touted as a generational talent and he's clearly that. Now, excuse me while I go take a shower because when anybody makes me defend the likes of Crosby or Kane, I get dirty, but dammit do I have to respect their place in hockey.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
kane is the prototype clutch player and yet he has worse PO ppg than the enigmatic russian who is not a leader and can't get his team out of the 2nd round.

Well Kane has played 43 more PO games than Ovi has, so that is going to hurt his point per game average.

and the difference is negligible at best. 114 in 116 for Kane vs. 70 in 72 for Ovi.

And i would argue that Kane routinely going on deep runs would mean he is playing against better teams than Ovi who only plays in the first round or second round. The Hawks being so dominant hurts Kane too. No need to be clutch when you are dominating almost every series you play.

But i will say that Ovi's choker label exists only because the Capitals have not done a good job building a cup contending roster. One winger is never going to carry a team to a cup, and in Kane's case, he has had Toews and Keith to help with the heavy lifting.

This might be their season to make the Finals with how weak the Eastern Conference is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad