Around the NHL 2015-16, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Absolutely stellar contract for the Panthers. Barkov is already a 6M player, but has a chance to be a 8-9M one during that contract. Only downside is it takes him straight to UFA, being only 27.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Absolutely stellar contract for the Panthers. Barkov is already a 6M player, but has a chance to be a 8-9M one during that contract. Only downside is it takes him straight to UFA, being only 27.

straight to UFA is at 25 for barkov as he's then gotten 7 accrued years. this contract buys two UFA years.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Barkov's contract reminds me of when Tavares signed his and we were all like it could be argued he is worth that now. Where are the raise years?

Now granted a lot of people said the same thing about the Edmonton guys and only Hall should really be argued as earning it or maybe deserving more.

But yeah I think this is a fantastic contract for the Panthers. Bjugstad's contract is pretty good and lengthy as well. They are going to be a problem moving forward.

Hopefully Ekblad just wants to stay for seven years and then come play for his favorite team.:D

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Barkov's contract reminds me of when Tavares signed his and we were all like it could be argued he is worth that now. Where are the raise years?

Now granted a lot of people said the same thing about the Edmonton guys and only Hall should really be argued as earning it or maybe deserving more.

But yeah I think this is a fantastic contract for the Panthers. Bjugstad's contract is pretty good and lengthy as well. They are going to be a problem moving forward.

Hopefully Ekblad just wants to stay for seven years and then come play for his favorite team.:D

Hopefully GM St. Nick can get him here.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Good to see both the Habs and the Bruins lose their back to back games before All-Star Break. Now let's recharge our batteries and beat the Bolts.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I was just looking at stats and gustavsson has better stats then howard

Should have kept him as backup :ghost2: ;)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Always liked Gustavsson. Wouldn't want him for the sole fact that reading GDT's were insufferable, though.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

We didn't let him go because he wasn't good, he was let go because he can't stay healthy.

I'm pretty sure he's injured again in Boston

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

I would not have trusted a Gustavsson/Mrazek tandem going into the season.

Gustavsson is injured way too often and Mrazek hadn't proven himself as the kind of guy to start 70+ games, yet. He still hasn't.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
We needed Howard to start the season. We might not anymore, but that doesn't mean keeping Gustavsson over him would've been a good idea.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
From ESPN recap of BOS vs ANA

"Jonas Gustavsson started in goal for Boston but left after the first period with an undisclosed illness. The Bruins said Gustavsson, who has a history of an abnormal heart rhythm, was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital for observation. Tuukka Rask took over in goal for the Bruins."

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
We needed Howard to start the season. We might not anymore, but that doesn't mean keeping Gustavsson over him would've been a good idea.

Pretty much this.

Plus there was his whole goaltending style. "Like a wobbly brick wall" was the best description I saw someone give :laugh:

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Never saw why that mattered as long as he got the job done.

Because I don't think he got the job done nearly as well as some people here thought. He was beaten plenty of times because of his wonky style, and he had forced himself to make spectacular saves that should have been pedestrian.

Plus add his injuries and he is one of the most overrated tendies in Red Wings history.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Because I don't think he got the job done nearly as well as some people here thought. He was beaten plenty of times because of his wonky style, and he had forced himself to make spectacular saves that should have been pedestrian.

Plus add his injuries and he is one of the most overrated tendies in Red Wings history.

So Howard losing and playing bad is better then gustavsson playing average and winning?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Most overrated tendy in Red Wings history?

He was a blip on the radar.

He was pivotal in keeping our streak alive for one season, and that's hard to argue. But that's about it.

He was a back-up and he found ways to win. That's what you ask of them. Doesn't matter if it's pretty or not.

As I said, glad for the sole reason reading GDT's was unbearable. Never seen people complain so much about a goalie that won. I just cared that he won, couldn't care less how.

Howard doesn't look nearly as sketchy from a technique standpoint, but can't win a game to save his life right now.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Most overrated tendy in Red Wings history?

He was a blip on the radar.

He was pivotal in keeping our streak alive for one season, and that's hard to argue. But that's about it.

He was a back-up and he found ways to win. That's what you ask of them. Doesn't matter if it's pretty or not.

As I said, glad for the sole reason reading GDT's was unbearable. Never seen people complain so much about a goalie that won. I just cared that he won, couldn't care less how.

Howard doesn't look nearly as sketchy from a technique standpoint, but can't win a game to save his life right now.

Who do you think is more overrated? Osgood?

For a backup, Gustavsson had a crazy following here. You weren't the only one to get annoyed reading GDTs when he was here.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Who do you think is more overrated? Osgood?

For a backup, Gustavsson had a crazy following here. You weren't the only one to get annoyed reading GDTs when he was here.

Well, that's exactly who, but I don't want to go there right now haha.

That's fair, that may have been the case. I just didn't get it, he got the job done in my books.

Water under the bridge now. Not mad he's gone as he was not durable in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino