Around the NHL 2015-16: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Edmonton, much like Montreal are much different teams in terms of competitiveness when they don't have their best player in the lineup. I don't want to be that kind of team.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...h-in-big-blow-to-playoff-chase-181527285.html

Sean Couturier will miss up to four weeks with a lower-body injury, which is not very good news for the Philadelphia Flyers.

How much does Couturier mean to Philly?

According to Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Flyers are 2-6-1 without the center, getting outscored 31-20; when he’s played this season, they’re 20-12-7, with a goal differential whittled down to a minus-5.

So he means a lot. Especially when you consider how thin the Flyers are at forward this season.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...ontract-performance-bonuses-analysis-nhl-2016

Panarin is currently sixth in the league among forwards in points. He's also sixth among forwards in assists.

If the forward finishes the year in the top 10 in either of those categories, it will cost the Blackhawks $1.725 million in bonuses. For a team that's battled to get every dollar of cap space that it can, this could be a significant development for how the team handles next summer.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Jets down 2-0 to Carolina early. Not sure who to root for in that one. :biglaugh: Check that -- 3-0.

My bitter side is hoping Carolina goes on a run late, doesn't sell off any of their pending UFAs, and decides gunning for 8th place is worth it. Whether they make it or not, doesnt matter. They'll get destroyed in round 1 of the playoffs and lose a ton of assets for nothing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My bitter side is hoping Carolina goes on a run late, doesn't sell off any of their pending UFAs, and decides gunning for 8th place is worth it. Whether they make it or not, doesnt matter. They'll get destroyed in round 1 of the playoffs and lose a ton of assets for nothing.

4-0 now. Jets barely any pulse. And now Armia takes a stupid penalty (Staal diving) very late.

I still don't like Carolina but the young defense they have is impressive.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
4-0 now. Jets barely any pulse. And now Armia takes a stupid penalty (Staal diving) very late.

They certainly have the blueline pillars in place. But after Rask/Lindholm the cupboard is bare on the forward side. Skinner/Staal locked up long term but that isn't really an effective 1-2 center.

What they really need is to get a mid 1st round steal like Detroit did with Larkin or get into the top 5 a few years and grab some a few high end pieces.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They certainly have the blueline pillars in place. But after Rask/Lindholm the cupboard is bare on the forward side. Skinner/Staal locked up long term but that isn't really an effective 1-2 center.

What they really need is to get a mid 1st round steal like Detroit did with Larkin or get into the top 5 a few years and grab some a few high end pieces.

They'd be an ideal team for Matthews to step into and reinvigorate.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Peters has installed Detroit's system and their possession numbers show it. Don't have the finishers yet, though.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

LaxSabre - Sabres should have done this the night when Hasek got inducted to the Sabres Hall Of Fame or the night when the Sabres retired his #39.

Last edited:

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
brothersinsuck9rss0.png

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Amazing to me that we're tied in the standings, record and all, with Edmonton.

Watching Habs Oilers right now and their team defense is still a trainwreck.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
McDavid just missed scoring what would have been one of the prettiest goals in NHL history.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Eichel is great, but man I couldn't imagine if we won that lottery and picked McDavid. He's just on another level from anything I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad